T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a method create a line made with the Bezier tool to go from thick to thin as in starting at the beginning at 10 pt and ending at 1pt?

Thx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. You can get a similar effect by playing with the nib shape under outline settings.

Usually what I'll do is make my outline as fat as I want the fattest point to be, then convert it to an object and start deleting nodes/tightening it up on the skinny end.

·
Registered
342 Posts
or, you can create a line you want and apply an outline to it. Convert outline to object and edit the nodes to get the look you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am stuck with a similar problem and wondered if you can help please?
I have a object, that I traced, but the end result has a outline that is nearly 2cm thick, which I would like to change to 1cm thick. How would I do this, to make the design oultines thinner, but keeping it the same size please?

Many thanks
Sharon

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Press F12 key on your keyboard, a window will open, then you can adjust from there. Or if you have traced it, look at your tool bars , there should be a place to adjust there as well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Artistic media or editing the nodes are good suggestions. I would like to point out that Inkscape has a preset option on the bezier tool to dictate shape. Dictating say a triangle shape causes your paths to be fat on one end and skinny on the other. I use Draw primarily, but like Inkscape for a few things, this being one. It is easy enough to start in Inkscape and pull it into Draw to finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts