T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm very glad I found this forum, I've been dying to get some advice on how to achieve the aesthetic I want for my T-Shirts. To start, I want to press on images that I design myself on photoshop, and put them on black T-Shirts. Now I don't know much about restrictions on what t-shirt material is best to use. Upon Research of the best quality fabric for daily wear, I find myself looking at tri-blend. Not sure if using Tri-Blend will cause huge headaches, or if its okay. Now I don't want to have my images look vibrant, or silky/shiny. I've attached an Image to give an idea of how I want it to look. I want to achieve a retro/worn out look, maybe not to the degree of the image attached, but within the neighborhood of this aesthetic. What path do I need to take to get the look I intend to get. I greatly appreciate you all for your guidance on this :)
Shoulder Beard Black Neck Street fashion

·
Registered
17 Posts
you could get this effect a couple of ways; if you apply a 'weathered effect' onto the original image in photoshop or maybe a simple single pass with little to no pre flood when you actually print it with your squeegee. i'd use a mesh with high thread count if you decided on the latter method.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sorry if im not making sense, I was thinking of using a heat press for the Shirts, so I'm not sure when id use a squeegee in the process
Yeah, no squeegee unless you're actually screen printing. Anyhow, I don't know how well any pressed-on process will work with triblend shirts since most work best with either 100% polyester or 100% cotton depending on the process. Start looking into DTF which appears to be the new hotness in heat transfers and the effect you're looking for is called "distressed."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.