T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the problem power epson 1400 can't turn on:mad:,from mainboard i hear short beep sound, im check all sensor thats no problem,im not sure for replace my mainboard, if anybody have the problem like this please share ..thanks :D:D

· Registered
148 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. I took out the print head to clean it. I replaced it. I got error flashing lights. I turned it off to turn it back on again. Now nothing but that same beep. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys please be carefully when you replace/clean printhhead/ribbon cable or motor. beep sound is printhead problem if you lucky you can fix with replace fuse printhead but if your power totally dead forget it,buy new mainboard:D

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey bro..there is no fuse in printhead/carriage,its about fuse in mainboard which protected printhead,the first sign printer give the blink light after power on, for second printer owning shutdown or restart then last power totally dead :D

· Registered
696 Posts
hey bro..there is no fuse in printhead/carriage,its about fuse in mainboard which protected printhead,the first sign printer give the blink light after power on, for second printer owning shutdown or restart then last power totally dead :D
I have 3 x printers and one print head that looks ok (i.e it strays ink) and 2 heads that are perforated.

BUT when I put the good head in all 3 printers it does not seem to initialise in all 3 and just loops the initial cycle.

I know there is some software that reads the print heads and codes but cant seem to locate it!

Regards Andy T

· Registered
3 Posts
did you fix the problem.i have the same thing on my 1400
I had exactly the same problem. the beeping sound means the mainbord is death..:/ I had fixed it but I had to change the mainboard. If you need I have a spare one. aaaand (just in case) if somebody needs any other parts for epson 1400 do not hasitate contact with me. I have some brand new parts, and also a lot of used ones in a good condition! everyting is tested and cheap! :)

contact here or in email: [email protected]
Subject: EPSON PARTS

thanks and have a good day!

· Registered
696 Posts
what is the problem with the cartidges?
I am guessing its the same problem as I have. If I put a cartridge into a printer that it did not come with it, it will not recognize the cartridges. I.E it does not carry out initialistion and just loops endlessly.

I was told there is a program that matches the board to the print head.and I think I found it just before I went away and did not have the money to pay for it. Now I have the cash I cant find the program. :(

· Registered
155 Posts
I am guessing its the same problem as I have. If I put a cartridge into a printer that it did not come with it, it will not recognize the cartridges. I.E it does not carry out initialistion and just loops endlessly.

I was told there is a program that matches the board to the print head.and I think I found it just before I went away and did not have the money to pay for it. Now I have the cash I cant find the program. :(
Try this:
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Service Repair Waste Counter CD | eBay

· Registered
98 Posts
Hi!
Is this beeping noise indicating that the mainboard is dead 100%? Or could it be power supply board aswell? I have a dilemma now - should I order just mainboard or get that power supply board with it :)
That beeping comes from power supply board and if I unplug the cable which goes from power board to mainboard it does "spark" a little - which makes me think that the power supply board is quite healthy and does it's main objective - supplies power :) Or not? :)
Hope someone can help me here!
Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm glad to contribute to this forum with the solution for the problem when you change the printhead or you flush the printhead all of the sun in the printer won't start won't turn on what I found was that the two transistors on the hissing of the logic board fail I still haven't figured out why does the printhead shorts these two transistors but once you replace the transistors the printer toner design and gives no problems. Well no problems but it still won't print because I still haven't replaced the printhead I am trying to figure out why is it that the printhead is shorting out on the board because if not it will not work and it will short the board it again I tried it twice and every time is short the transistors so I hope this help you at least you'll get to turn on the printer again still waiting to figure out how to fix the problem with the printhead I am going to try with a brand new printhead see if it does the same thing Dario Ortiz Oss..!!

It would be of great help if anybody can get me the schematics of this printer with the schematics I can probably figure out why are these problems happening but without schematic is a little bit harder I seen they call him either schematic or diagram so if anybody can get the schematics of the logic board and all the electronica parts of the printer I will appreciate it thank you [email protected]

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm glad to contribute to this forum with the solution for the problem when you change the printhead or you flush the printhead all of the sun in the printer won't start won't turn on what I found was that the two transistors on the hissing of the logic board fail I still haven't figured out why does the printhead shorts these two transistors but once you replace the transistors the printer toner design and gives no problems. Well no problems but it still won't print because I still haven't replaced the printhead I am trying to figure out why is it that the printhead is shorting out on the board because if not it will not work and it will short the board it again I tried it twice and every time is short the transistors so I hope this help you at least you'll get to turn on the printer again still waiting to figure out how to fix the problem with the printhead I am going to try with a brand new printhead see if it does the same thing Dario Ortiz Oss..!!

It would be of great help if anybody can get me the schematics of this printer with the schematics I can probably figure out why are these problems happening but without schematic is a little bit harder I seen they call him either schematic or diagram so if anybody can get the schematics of the logic board and all the electronica parts of the printer I will appreciate it thank you [email protected]
Did you replace the ribbon cables to the print head as well as replacing the transistors? I'm having the same issue and I realized after removing the large ribbon cable from the print head that the contacts seem to be dirty with residue from what I believe is ink. I'm wondering if this is what caused the short. Best guess is that while I was cleaning the pink head ink got in the connector and cause the short. When I get the chance I'm going to try and replace the mainboard and that cable and see if it comes back on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.