T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My T-Jet 2 starts up normal, and does everything but print.

It won't print anything, not even test pages from the program that runs it. The print command is accepted, then the bed jumps forward about 1 inch and the error light and ink cartridge lights begin to flash. The screen says "fatal error."

I've replaced:
Printhead
Carriage
Encoder Strip
Capping Station
Pump
All the ribbons
Mainboard

I've cleaned the encoder strip, and tested with the parallel port to make sure all the sensors are working. The load slides smoothly, but the eject is very slow and almost stops halfway through.

Any ideas? Thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm pretty stumped on this one...

I tested the ribbon leading from the PF scale and the sensor back to the main board and it is functional... I wonder if the sensor or PF scale may not be reading well. It is loading and ejecting, but not when the print command is sent...

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
From our Support Department:

Since it jumps forward about an inch when receiving the print command, you should take a look at the encoder wheel located under the left hand chrome panel (when facing from the front).

Clean this clear disc, with numbers on it, with rubbing alcohol or windex. Also clean the black ""U" shaped sensor that the sensor is slotted into. This should start you in the right direction if not resolve your issue.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've cleaned it, and it is still jumping. On that encoder it starts between 11 and 12 when loaded, and stops between 8 and 9.

It's not accepting a printjob from fastRip either.. it keeps holding it then giving an error.. Don't know if this means much.

I tried doing a test page from the adjustment program and it lurched forward again. :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've cleaned it, and it is still jumping. On that encoder it starts between 11 and 12 when loaded, and stops between 8 and 9.

It's not accepting a printjob from fastRip either.. it keeps holding it then giving an error.. Don't know if this means much.

I tried doing a test page from the adjustment program and it lurched forward again. :(
I think you forgot to attach a small ribbon cable on the epson board. Did you remove the epson board?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I removed the Epson board. I thought I put all the ribbons back in... I'm looking at it now and they all seem to be in place. The small ribbon leading from the sensor on the side of the machine with the round encoder is plugged in. I took this ribbon to a electrical engineer in my city to make sure I didn't damage it and it seems to be fine, according to him.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, I removed the Epson board. I thought I put all the ribbons back in... I'm looking at it now and they all seem to be in place. The small ribbon leading from the sensor on the side of the machine with the round encoder is plugged in. I took this ribbon to a electrical engineer in my city to make sure I didn't damage it and it seems to be fine, according to him.
And you are sure it is not in backwards? Silver strips on the cable towards the pins on the connector? The bed is acting just like this cable is unplugged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I will double check that it is in correctly. Thank you for the input, I hope I put it in backwards, and that it isn't something major.

I plugged the machine in by parallel port to check all the sensors and it said they were OK. Would it read as OK if I put it in backwards?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will double check that it is in correctly. Thank you for the input, I hope I put it in backwards, and that it isn't something major.

I plugged the machine in by parallel port to check all the sensors and it said they were OK. Would it read as OK if I put it in backwards?
Not sure, but I know the symptom. Its exactly like the cable is disconnected. The bed starts moving fast and stops because its not getting the data from the bed sensor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Has anyone ever had a problem with the print process board for the fast t jet 2 located in to the front of the machine ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure, but I know the symptom. Its exactly like the cable is disconnected. The bed starts moving fast and stops because its not getting the data from the bed sensor.
I've removed the small ribbons and reinserted each one and made sure the metal was facing the right direction. It is still jumping...

Even though the ribbon tested well at the electricians, I wonder if it isn't sending enough information.. or if the sensor/encoder on the side of the machine is messed up... :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've removed the small ribbons and reinserted each one and made sure the metal was facing the right direction. It is still jumping...

Even though the ribbon tested well at the electricians, I wonder if it isn't sending enough information.. or if the sensor/encoder on the side of the machine is messed up... :confused:
I looked at your earlier post and you said you replaced the epson board? Does it have the right eprom in it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you bought it from Epson...it is not correct. You have to have the eprom with the T-jet program in it.

As far as I know...only Equipment Zone and Imachinegroup have them.
The board I had before the one I just replaced was from equipment zone. The machine acted up so i bought one from american screen supply to check if it was a main board problem. It is still acting the same...
I'm not very familiar with the eprom. I did an eprom backup if that is what you mean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.