T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, everything is running fine on the T3 project, however the bed moves slightly forward on startup everyday. I put a mark on the rails at the front of the bed in the load position. Each day it move a 1 mm. Pretty much stays there the rest of the time. Something loose somewhere. I snugged the 4 outer allen head bolts down in the back around the screw drive. We will see how that does.
Any other ideas?? Ok besides boat anchor.
thanks

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the description you're giving it's hard to ascertain exactly what is going on with the printer. Could you please elaborate as to exactly what you're doing and what the printer is doing.

Harry
Equipment Zone
Basicly the start up point or point of origin on the bed to start printing from the load position changes. So if I turn the printer on and it goes thru its start up then I hit the load button it goes to a point of origin and waits for the print command then starts printing. That point of origin is moving forward at about 1 mm per day. This is based on a mark that is placed on the top of the main rail mount (part that does not move and mounts the rails to the frame) then reference the leading edge of the flange on the left side of the bed (just above the rail mount). It is probably creeping forward thru out the day but I tend to notice at the beginning of each day that the start point /point of origin/ initialization point has moved forward. Photos below I hope.
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
registration is off about 1mm all the time I am able to compensate with the choke. The white will peek out of the of the shirt the side closest to you. So the second pass is about 1mm farther down the print away from you which would be the same as the bed movement. But the bed does not move on every pass, just after running for several hours I can see a 1mm movement forward toward the front of the machine.
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
registration is off about 1mm all the time I am able to compensate with the choke. The white will peek out of the of the shirt the side closest to you. So the second pass is about 1mm farther down the print away from you which would be the same as the bed movement. But the bed does not move on every pass, just after running for several hours I can see a 1mm movement forward toward the front of the machine.
Thanks for your help.
Forgot to mention that the registration is an issue when going from the first pass to the second on a 2 pass. If I had a 3 or 4 pass where the machine would reset itself for the next pass only the first pass would be off the others stay the same. I would think that has something to do with the speed that the bed moves to start the next passes. The first pass starts from a static postion then the next ones auto reset fairly fast and jerky (T3 Std) It does have a plus enhancement board in it which slows it down. However I have read of several accounts where people thought this board actually made the registration worse.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only if its the 2nd and 3rd pass assuming for some reason I was doing 3 passes. 1st Pass is always out of whack. But it starts from a static position vs the next pass or 2 would be from the running position if you will. i.e. auto reset and start. I am really leaning toward the belt on the front maybe a little loose. But I am not for sure how to tell the correct tension. I am running now 2 passes one white and one color. Registration is fine except I have to choke the white 10 pixels in the top. I am using cobra rip same as power rip multi rip gp where you can choke top sides and bottom seperate. Harry don't you sleep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.