T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Pissing Party...review my site!

It's not hard to generate free traffic, it's just time consuming.

All you need to do is build respectable link trades with reputable websites.
Which means doing a little research on many websites, choosing the ones that are "on your level", or just above...
and then ask them to trade links with you...one at a time, with a personal email.

Even bribe them with a free t-shirt maybe (if they really outrank you).

Then over time (if you've got your basic site SEO in place) the search engines will pick you up and rank you highly,
based on your reputation among other relevant websites.

It's about a simple as it gets...
and about as time intensive and "long-term plan" as it gets.

That's why everyone overlooks it, because it's the last thing you really want to do...and the only thing you really SHOULD do.

Remember back in the internet day when cheezy link-trading was all the rage?
Well, now 2/3rds of those sites are Google behemoths! DOH!

The only problem I have with link trading is that it always feels like your asking for a h*nd-job from a stranger! :eek:

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts

cuush.com said:
Besides, all the music is faded-in slowly.
Yeah, it was kind of insidious that way.

"Everything's fine... everything's fine... OH F***! Which window is that?! CLOSE THEM ALL! CLOSE THEM ALL!"

· Registered
737 Posts
Wow...that site is awesome...I would - without a doubt - buy a few of those shirts...pretty nice.
And the fact that I can choose gold ink on a black shirt..makes me like it EVEN MORE!
It actually makes me want to go and imporve and change some things on my site!

The only thing I would change is giving people the option to listen to the music on the product pages.
What if they like the shirts...but don't like the music?

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)

Solmu said:
OH F***! Which window is that?! CLOSE THEM ALL! CLOSE THEM ALL!"
That's sooooo true...
considering I've been there myself, I can feel that.

Ken Styles said:
It actually makes me want to go and imporve and change some things on my site!
Thanks man, but beware...my site isn't exactly a cash cow. LOL.

Anyway, I'm working like mad to chop out the bells & whistles and run a straight consumer test...
strictly focused on the sale with minimal user experience. (what made me think people would want anything more? haha!)

We'll see...

· Registered
34 Posts
I think Rodneys post almost said it all.

Something I don't think anybody has thought of though...
maybe you should try *raising* your prices and see what happens. I am probably not your target market (although I love the designs). However if I surfed to your site and was umming and ahhing I would probably surf away once I saw the price. The designs look good, and you are using Alternative Apparel shirts so they are good quality. But if I didn't know who AA were that price would indicate inferior quality to me. Honest :)
My line of thinking would be: $14.99 for a nice graphic when awful amateurish text on a Hanes T-shirt at cafepress can cost me $20 and up? Must be because the t-shirt is cheap and nasty. No thanks.

· Registered
290 Posts
Appreciate the suggestion, but the price is $20 normally...
$14.99 was a test I did a few days ago, which didn't work.

The problem with the site is most likely too much reading, music (can turn a pot smoking [person] into a non-buyer through negative association) and too many options...
people are ultimately lazy consumers, especially people searching for a cool shirt to buy. They want it quick and easy.

Rodney had a lot of good suggestions as well as quite a few other on the board here, I'm working through the site now to clean it up.
And now considering the solid response I've gotten from anyone that's seen the shirts (online and off), it's obvious the site features are the catalyst.

I should probably change the link on this thread so people don't see the work in progress...but hey, I'm lazy too. ;)

· Registered
3,643 Posts
cuush.com said:
Appreciate the suggestion, but the price is $20 normally... $14.99 was a test I did a few days ago, which didn't work.
I am wondering how long you are running these "tests" for? Seems like you wouldn't really be able to tell if your changes made a difference unless you kept it that way for at least a week.

Why don't you get a friend of yours to review the site in person while you watch? Give them a few tasks to do (Like: Find shipping info. Find sizing info for shirts. Order Men's shirt in X design in X size.), and take notes on how long it takes them to do each task, and notes on how they navigate the site - you might find that they have a hard time finding something and then you can change it accordingly.

P.s. Yes, kill the music .. Make your pages shorter (more than 1-1/2 scroll bar lengths is too much) make the background color a softer neutral instead of white (gray is good) and keep it simple if you can. :)

Looking forward to seeing the changes, keep us updated!

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just tried too and the link I clicked said it couldn't find you. Will try back later. Good Luck 2 U. UBNICE
This thread is like 2 years old...
we've changed our site (and commerce engine) three times since.
It's not for display as we get too much junk traffic from the link, it skews our stats.

My advice, your site doesn't have to be nice...it just has to work.

Your designs have to be nice tho. ;)

*Thread is dead, disabling email notification.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.