T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Pissing Party...review my site!

Badalou on the attack.. Jay.. Your site is great.. your shirts are great.. there are tons of people that would buy your shirts.. but, and there is always a but... I am starting to see so many of this style and the funny saying style tee shirts out there that I am getting cross eyed. I truly believe the web market is saturated with the these types of styles. Where do I go to buy one. Cafepress has thousands.. and how many more of those type of webs sell them???? How many e commerce stores sell them??? . How many of you guys here on the forum do business on the net only???. I am constantly seeing folks saying the same thing over and over again.How come I get hits and no one buys them. A lot of you are great designers. I have seen some really awesome designs and wish I could do it. I have seen some great web sites out there also. I do web designing also and have been criticized about problems with my own web site, It is not designed using the new technology, another pffft! . I don't care..Why? ahhhh... the truth.. My web sites are not out there to sell on line, nope, eh, eh, nada! But, remember my but.. it is out there to catalog my product. It saves me a lot of paper. If I just sat back and waited for sales to come from my web site no matter how great or bad it was or is and I had to depend on those sales then folks.. I would be living in my car and guess what.. my press will not work off my cigarette lighter.. The name of my company speaks volumes.. L J Robin Marketing.. get it "Marketing." I worked for the Government and ran retail and restaurant operations for 3 VA Hospitals. I had the second largest operation in the United states of 172 VA Hospitals. I could have sat back and let people just walk into the stores we operated but I didn't. I did in house flyer's.. I went to the departments and gave them sale information for their employees. I had events. People waited for those things to happen.. My bosses would have other Stores send their unsold merchandise to me because I would move it.. OK, those of you who know me know I am windy.. So what I am saying is if you build a web site and expect it to generate sales.. forgetaboutit! You guys are not Sears, Target, Walmart, Kmart or Costco.. that spend billions to sell... tee shirts? OK Sit down make a list.
1. What would it cost me to advertise in my local paper?
2. How much would it cost me to get in my car and find stores that will allow me to have a trunk sale?(Stores allow you to sell your product for a day for piece of the sales)
3. Where can I go to sell my shirts.. Hospitals? Flea markets? Events?
I am going to stop here. Oh wait, no I am not.. The click through advertising does work.. it did a great job for me for my cat site.. but when you have to bid on a key words that people use to find Tee shops it going to get expensive.. then there is little 12 year old Dan out there with his buddies sitting in a room clicking away.. wow.. look at these awesome shirts.. someday when I get a job I want to buy some of these.. click, click, click!

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Pissing Party...review my site!

It is a tough market out there people.. I want you to know you have an uphill climb.. me I am retired.. kinda.. I could walk away from this.. but then my wife would tell me to go find something else to do because I would be climbing the walls.. or playing poker on line .. Is there such a thing as too much poker.. naaa!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.