T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a banner for a DJ company, and need some help. This is my first job, and have very little experience. I can handle the text, but need help to cutting out some art. I am looking for things like a jukebox, speakers, notes ect that are cuttable in a vinyl plotter. Also how to get the images into my cutting software. Thanks

· Registered
781 Posts
What cutting softward do you have? You can find clip art of those images, just remember that cutter can't do just a line by itself, it has to trap something to cut out the art.. I also sent you a private message, check it out.. nothing here sounds to complicated or expensive to have someone help you?
dlac

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I just dont understand the process. I have been working with thing (art/images) in cadworx from there templates. I then take them to vectorart a free program on the site and it out puts to my cutter. My question I guess is how would you normally do this outside of cadworx? Say for example a customer wanted a vinyl cut out of a Moose. Cadworx didnt have what are the steps? Do I go to google image and they in Moose clipart? If something was to come up I like then what do I do? How do I get it in the right form so that my cutting software will accept, and allow me to cutout. I am just trying to figure the whole picture out, and I am missing alot of info. Hence the reason I am on this site asking questions. Thanks

· Registered
2,140 Posts
I guess I just dont understand the process. I have been working with thing (art/images) in cadworx from there templates. I then take them to vectorart a free program on the site and it out puts to my cutter. My question I guess is how would you normally do this outside of cadworx? Say for example a customer wanted a vinyl cut out of a Moose. Cadworx didnt have what are the steps? Do I go to google image and they in Moose clipart? If something was to come up I like then what do I do? How do I get it in the right form so that my cutting software will accept, and allow me to cutout. I am just trying to figure the whole picture out, and I am missing alot of info. Hence the reason I am on this site asking questions. Thanks
The key is you need to find "vector" software. I use Adobe Illustrator as my vector software. Also, check out vectormagic.com....this software will convert pictures to vector. Cutstudio will work with vector programs like adobe illustrator.

· Registered
11 Posts
Your roland Machine will need a a cutline to identify, i.e. an out line you pen out by hand or a outline stroke on an object that is uses an identified CutContour color. I would definitely recommend getting Illustrator as you will need to be working with vector images to create cut lines.

· Registered
2,140 Posts
Thanks for the replys I actually have illustrator, just have no idea what to do with it?
Go on to the roland website and read the installation manual. It will show you how to install a plugin directly into illustrator. Once you draw your object in illustrator then you can just click on the cutstudio plugin and it will automatically take it from illustrator to cutstudio.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
Get a design together in AI or some other graphics program and have MerrittGraphics.com do the work by printing the banner. Great pricing and saves you a lot of work.

· Registered
38 Posts
Doing a banner for a DJ company, and need some help. This is my first job, and have very little experience. I can handle the text, but need help to cutting out some art. I am looking for things like a jukebox, speakers, notes ect that are cuttable in a vinyl plotter. Also how to get the images into my cutting software. Thanks
Sounds like you are having some fun. I recommend that you invest in either Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. These two programs are powerhouses. Also, invest in some good clipart collections. Office Depot or Office Max have books named Art Explosion that are loaded with thousands of different clipart images. Just be sure that the files are vector. For you to be able to cut the images out they have to be vector files. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.