T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Banks almost always cost you money to keep a business account and put stupid restrictions on how many checks you can deposit or write before they charge you. credit unions generally don't do that because they want you to keep your money in there.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
In a credit union you are a member. In a bank you are a sucker.... Err , customer.

· Registered
4,694 Posts
The con of the credit union may be fewer, or less convenient, locations. Beyond that, the credit union beats the bank all the way. A credit union is a co-op; as a member you OWN it. You elect the people who run it. Credit unions are non profits, the money they make is paid to the members in the form of interest on their deposits, and so forth.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
The con of the credit union may be fewer, or less convenient, locations...
Most CR's will co-op with each other so you can use any CR in the co-op and do normal transactions. There are limits like cash withdraws but it is otherwise like having a lot of branches.

For a business though, We drive a 25 mile round trip because they treat us so well, nothing that we would get at one of those mega banks.

· Registered
22 Posts
I'll be the odd man out. I've had my business acct with my bank for 5 years. I opened it at Chase, I have never had an issue in anyway. Since I opened the account, I have started working at Chase. So I am very familiar with the banking services that I use. As far as interest, big banks don't pay anything worth considering.

The things I find to be most beneficial.

Mobile app, allows you to deposit money by taking a picture. Use a credit card payment processer (ie. Square) view biz and personal accts together. Basically all of the online features for business are great.

Also, like personal accts, if you're not in an area where you normally would be you can find a Chase anywhere.

Also it should be known, I have never used a credit union, so I am giving a one sided answer. But even if I didn't work at Chase I would keep my accounts there because I have had zero issues.

That's my 2cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.