T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi tony, Throw a rock in any direction and when you find it there will be a T-shirt place! Well maybe not quite that easy.

Last year when I stayed at the Grand Diamond, Phetchaburi Rd, Pratunam I went exploring and found whole basements full of clothing manufacturers and accessories places. Your biggest problem might be talking to them...unless you speak some Thai. But have fun with it anyway!

·
Registered
311 Posts
im currently in bangkok for a holiday and i just realised i should be sourcing some tshirts whilst im here. anyone got experience in this?
Look for Moorab at the chutuchak market (the weekend market).
See www.moorab.com. They don't show so much at their website, but there is a map that shows how to find it (and phone numbers).

If you are looking for blanks, you can get a premium quality at Hong Seng Knitting. Be prepared to order minimum 12,000 t-shirts there (with a minimum order, you can choose four colors and six sizes).

Else look for screen printers in eGuide - (Thailand).

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I pointed at Moorab, it's because I like their style. Retail prices (from my memory) 180 Baht.

There are many other retail/wholesale shops at Chatuchak.

There is also the Pratunam market and Bobae Tower near the center of Bangkok. You may also find wholesale shops at MBK.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ok. My misunderstanding.

Try here
You must register to get contact info.
The owners name sound like Icelandic.

They are located at
East Asia Group Co. Ltd
Petchaburi Rd.

Not much information about them here. Be careful.

The address is at (or near) the Pratunam wholesale market.

There is a useful link here, if you need information about IP law in Thailand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bayoke2 tower in pratunam is a great place for wholesale shirts, just be careful, there are many copys of threadless shirts floating around. The whole pratunam area is a huge wholesale markte with hundreds to a thousand of shops. you can get along with english quite ok. enough to deal with them, many indian and african customers here. JJ market is nice as well, but if is only opened on the weekend and it's packed with both torusits and locals. So when you want to go there, make sure you are very early. There is another JJ indoor market that is opened during the week. have not checked it yet for wholesale supply.

When it comes to buying blanks, most people here are buying the fabric and then giving it to a sewing factory. That would require a bit more laguage skills, so make sure to bring a local with you. You might as well get blanks from the printed shirt dealers. They got their sources and everybody here is VERY service and business orientated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone for your input.

i found the whole Pratunam area to be the right place, a real gold mine but not for the faint hearted.

Pratunam market, Chatuchak, Bobae Tower and lots more malls and markets all offered printed goods but as i was after blanks i found it best to find a shirt quality i was happy with and then ask the retailer for blanks. The prices were realy good but, as i found, go with a thai national and get much cheaper.

yep they all speak enough english to do buisness

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks everyone for your input.

i found the whole Pratunam area to be the right place, a real gold mine but not for the faint hearted.

Pratunam market, Chatuchak, Bobae Tower and lots more malls and markets all offered printed goods but as i was after blanks i found it best to find a shirt quality i was happy with and then ask the retailer for blanks. The prices were realy good but, as i found, go with a thai national and get much cheaper.

yep they all speak enough english to do buisness
:) Hello from Bangkoker,
Hope you guys still reading this thread. I'd love to be your "Bangkok Tees information".

Feel free to ask me anything you'd love to know.
Happy Black Friday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I pointed at Moorab, it's because I like their style. Retail prices (from my memory) 180 Baht.

There are many other retail/wholesale shops at Chatuchak.

There is also the Pratunam market and Bobae Tower near the center of Bangkok. You may also find wholesale shops at MBK.
I have emailed some online thai sources and they are asking 110 and more for t-shirt not printed. That is 44 a t-shirt. Why buy there when cheaper in USA and no custom hassle. Are they not quoting wholesale prices. as 110 baht is abot $4 usd, 180 baht is about $5 USD. I have been to China numerous times for other items but China has Quota, I hear it is cheaper in Thailand but so far Thailand do not act cheaper.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My local screenprinter makes cut and sew tees for about 60 B. I don't remember clearly, but I think this price includes 1 color print. Else about 15 B per color printed for typical sized prints.

This is for minimum 200 pcs. You must order minimum 1000 pcs. in order to get a good price for transport.

When I mentioned Moorab earlier, it was only because I liked their designs, not because I have any experince trading with them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My local screenprinter makes cut and sew tees for about 60 B. I don't remember clearly, but I think this price includes 1 color print. Else about 15 B per color printed for typical sized prints.

This is for minimum 200 pcs. You must order minimum 1000 pcs. in order to get a good price for transport.

When I mentioned Moorab earlier, it was only because I liked their designs, not because I have any experince trading with them.
Ok good example he makes cuts and sews a t-shirt for 60 Baht, that is about $1.80 per shirt. Can you explain why I would by from Thailand if can get a T-shirt in USA for under $1.50 delivered. Quality different, size, or what makes it worth more? I am not understanding this part. I am considering to go to Thailand to buy but for the price you mention I can buy here cheaper easier. With the print may be cheaper but as with China I would have to worry about quality issues. What say you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Randy, if your in the US buying off an existing importer is probably cheaper until you can get volume to buy container loads!
Hi
I do buy container loads of product now. But not t-shirts because the price is too high. Why would I buy a container of t-shirts from a foreign country with all the hassles at $2, when I can buy as few or as many t-shirts as I need here in USA for $1.50 or less delivered? I am trying to figure this out. Maybe I have been speaking to the wrong people because my freinds in China say t-shirts in thailand are inexpensive. But when contact Thailand they are expensive relative to US t-shirts.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Being there is the only way your ever going to get to the bottom of it! At the moment you can fly into Kuala Lumpa, then get the train to Bangkok. Or fly into Phnom Penh and bus it to Bangers. Or maybe it would be easier doing business with a company in Bangladesh! :D

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.