T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm using an Epson WF-7520 with a Ciss that came pre-installed from Cobra Ink Supply. I've been using the 3G opaque, which I order in a 13"x100' roll and then cut the sheets down to whatever size I need.

Up until recently I haven't had many problems with banding, but I've recently had to do a head alignment nearly after every print. This didn't happen until I switched to the Coastal Inkjet Opaque paper, which I've ordered in a roll of 36"x50' and have been cutting sheets off in 13" increments; which is the max width of my printer.

My printer settings are:

• plain paper/bright white
  • Quality
  • high speed is turned off
  • edge smoothing is turned off
  • color correction is set to Adobe 1.8
The banding usually happens right at the end of the sheet; about 5-6 inches from the end. The only things that I can think of that might be causing this is:

#1. The fact that the sheets are cut length ways, thus causing the paper to curl enough to affect the printing.

#2. The back of the paper is glossier than the 3G paper that I had been using, and maybe I should change the paper setting.

I'm stumped on this one guys, any help would be much appreciated! :confused:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I am now certain that the issue has to do with the sheet curling up at the end of the print. This last time there where some nasty black smudges at the top right corner of the page as it finished feeding the paper through the printer.

I had cut sheets like this before that where 36" long, but the material was much heavier, so the curling wasn't an issue.

Dose anyone know any techniques to uncurl transfer paper?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I think I've fixed the issue that I was having with all the banding, but I'll go ahead and post the solutions just in case someone else runs into the same problem that I did.

One thing that I did was rotate the page 180 degrees. The reason I did this was because I'm printing my transfer with registration marks for my Rolland GX-24 and rotating the page left me with about 2.5" of transfer with no print on it; thus eliminating the page curl at the end of the print to cause banding.

I printed two pages like this and then started noticing slight banding in the red portion of the design, but still not enough not to be a problem. And of course it's not that bad considering that I printed about 62" worth of custom cut transfer sheet though there! :rolleyes:

Another thing that I did was loosely roll the sheets up liner side out. After sitting like that for a while they didn't curl as much.

Well, four print head alignment sheets later, I'm back on track. I think at this rate I'm using more ink on aligning my print heads than I am on the transfers.

I just wish Costal Business Supply would sell their Coastal Inkjet Transfers in 13"x100' rolls like they sell the 3G opaque. I would buy the heck out of that stuff if they did because I like the way the material weeds and comes easily off the liner when using high tact R tape.

· Premium Member
323 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered! I'd be more than happy to check with our warehouse to see if we can cut down a roll of the paper to the size you're looking for - can you PM me your name/company name so I can get you more information?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.