T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the heat transfer t shirt business and I have purchased Jet Pro SofStretch on 2 occasions. When I used the paper from my first order, I was thrilled with the results. Hardly any hand, no cracking, easy to hot peel. I am now using the paper that I received from my second order, and I am now having trouble with my transfers. If my image is a circle, it looked more oval after a hot peel and the fabric looked worn and had little fabric balls where the transfer was. If I use a teflon sheet and wait to peel until it is cool, the transfer looks better but obviously is much thicker to the touch. I have not washed the cool peeled shirt so I am not sure of its durability.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a bad batch of paper?

I'm using a temp of 375 degrees and pressing for 30 seconds with medium/heavy pressure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
First thing I would do is call the company and see if they are using a different paper or ink. My main business is printing hotsplit plastisol transfers. When I first started. .... I experimented with different papers and ink....... and got different results. Might be your heat press. How long have you had the heat press? Your dwell time seems awfully long. However im not that familiar with that type of transfer. Does it have adhesive crystals on it? If you have some extra transfers ill pm you and u can send them to me and ill try some using my heat press.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
My heat press is set on 400 degrees. Heavy pressure . Timer set at 12 seconds. Peel hot. This is the avery brand paper from staples. Epsoncx4600 is the printer I use. So far no problems..
You cannot use those settings for JPSS the dwell time is 20 - 30 seconds and temp should be 350 - 375. I use the upper limits.

Transfer papers vary in their composition, what you use for one is not necessarily what should be used for another.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
I am new to the heat transfer t shirt business and I have purchased Jet Pro SofStretch on 2 occasions. When I used the paper from my first order, I was thrilled with the results. Hardly any hand, no cracking, easy to hot peel. I am now using the paper that I received from my second order, and I am now having trouble with my transfers. If my image is a circle, it looked more oval after a hot peel and the fabric looked worn and had little fabric balls where the transfer was. If I use a teflon sheet and wait to peel until it is cool, the transfer looks better but obviously is much thicker to the touch. I have not washed the cool peeled shirt so I am not sure of its durability.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a bad batch of paper?

I'm using a temp of 375 degrees and pressing for 30 seconds with medium/heavy pressure.
Your time and temp is OK, but you need HEAVY pressure, in fact it should be very hard to close your press.

After the initial transfer then recover with parchment paper and repress for 10 seconds.

Also, best practice is to use 50/50 and not 100% cotton. 100% cotton tends toward piling more, it's not an issue with the paper for piling, it's the weakness of the cotton fibers that can break and give you those fabric balls.

Never cold peel JPSS, it can cause cracking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.