T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a dozen each of 6 different designs on 5/21/10. Received an email stating that one item was on backorder and this would delay shipping by one day. No big deal (except the email was apparently sent to more than one person, so now I have the email address of one of your other customers - that's a whole other issue).

So I receive my order today, 5/28/10, only to find that one of the sets only had half of what I ordered. Once I compared it to my confirmation that I printed out, I realized that another set didn't ship at all. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have even noticed that I was missing a whole set of 12, had I not double-checked everything.

My issues with this are:
1. There is no packing slip included with the orders. If a mistake was made, it is strictly up to the customer to "notice" it.
2. There was no communication about the backordered items, which were simply omitted from my order - not placed on backorder to ship later, and I was not given any options before the order shipped. I could have saved your company time, materials, and shipping costs had an email been sent asking if I want to have the order held or change the order.

When I called this afternoon, and asked about the backorder policy, I was told that if Pro World held every order that contained a backorder, there would be tons of orders held up. This is another problem in itself. But surely, there's got to be an efficient way for you to communicate with your customers about backorders, instead of just shipping what you have on hand, and waiting for the customer to call in.

Packing slips would help with this problem. That's where your pickers can mark items that are on back order (preferably with an ETA), then a copy of the sheet should be made (or some other tracking process) so the rest of the order can be sent out when the items are in stock again.

There's got to be a better system than just "drop it and forget it." That's just bad service, almost lazy service, really.

At the moment, my backorder dilemma has been resolved. I am just not too thrilled with the way it was handled, and thought I would share with you what I think needs improvement.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
I certainly want to apologize for the problem that was caused by someone failing to inform you of the back ordered items. We do provide the invoice on our website so that a customer can review the order shortly after the order is shipped. In your case, one design was out of stock from the manufacturer.The other was missing from our website download which we are investigating to find the reason that this happened.
I do notice that we are making a shipment to you on Tuesday and I have upgraded the delivery to Next Day Air so you will have the transfers on Wednesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ed, for the upgraded shipping. I really appreciate everything you guys do. I know it's the weekend, but is there any way you could double check to make sure it is being shipped to the same address as the original order - NOT the billing address?

Thanks again for everything you guys do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts