T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it's me again asking silly(?) questons. When I was sold my machine the dealer also sold me a light weight tear-away backing and said that I should use two pieces at an angle to each other. It seems to me from reading this forum that the backing has a great bearing on the finished job. Rather than anyone saying "use a thick one or a cut-away one" could anyone tell me the actual weights of cutaway I should be using? As I said I mostly use a lightweight tear away with no mention of the weight. I also have a backing that has 55g on the packaging. (20 cm X 20 cm).
I mainly embroider knitted (polo & hoodies) garments.

Thank you

Martin

· Registered
8 Posts
We use a mixture of backings dependant on the material and initial test stitch.
We've just done a batch of polo's with single tearaway backing, but when we came to do the t-shirts with the same design, the test stitch showed a little bit of bobbin thread. Added two layers of tearaway and no bobbin thread.
We also use a cutaway when we are doing something such as fleece jackets that need the extra stability.

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Another thing thats helpful would be if you can get some sample packs. The suppliers often give away assortments of backing types at trade shows. I wonder if you could request some? Here are some additional suppliers you could contact:

Home Page

Madeira USA - Home

Wholesale Embroidery Supplies for Embroidery Professionals

EMB Supplies : Embroidery Machines : Embroidery Supplies:

The PAS Store - Your One Stop Shop & One Stop Solution

AllStitch Embroidery Supplies - Your Discount Embroidery Supply Source

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.