T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
However, Adobe, in all their infinite wisdom, have decided that many features now need a higher performance graphics processor that is less than 4 years old. Overnight, this made my second Win7 PC obsolete and my main PC running Win10 having many features 'greyed out' in the menus. All of the 'advice' I received was to upgrade my GPU or buy a new PC.
Boggles the mind.
Another thing I never really understood is why they need so many employees and what are these employees doing.
I bet they are mostly marketing and sales people.

Anyway, as I've already mentioned removing the background is fairly easy with free AI tools.
I just finished my own GIMP plugin and works great.
Here is a quick example done in in 10 seconds, using a 5 year old laptop.
Face Hair Joint Lip Smile
Hair Lip Smile Outerwear Plant

I still have some refining to do, but the result is pretty good already.
One thing I plan to improve is color adjustment to match the background.

The plugin is cross platform by the way... which ridiculously easy to do, for this type of plugin anyway.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Tested on Linux and Windows for now, but I'm sure it will also work on Mac.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Yes, sadly typical of the software industry in general (or more abstractly, American business).

Same thing happened to my job, so I'm not just harping about Adobe, they are just one of the more obvious players in this losing game.
how bout a tune, and a british one at that for webtrekker

~ i am not a number, i am a free man
~ hahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Update:
  • Added edge softening (based on the size of the image)
  • Added color adjustment using the background color average.
Face Hair Joint Lip Smile
Hair Lip Smile Outerwear Hairstyle

The color adjustment is on a separate layer and it is adjustable
I then manually blurred the background to match the original and the result is perfection in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I've been using PhotoZoom Pro for years. It does a decent job on most jpegs so that I can then clean up that result in Photoshop.

Steve
can you post some examples of background removal with photozoom pro?

their website does not mention this as a feature of their program
it seems to be a rescaler, not a background remover

Optimized for both printing and on-screen purposes, PhotoZoom Pro 8 is an absolute must-have for anyone who wants to resize images at the highest possible quality.

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
can you post some examples of background removal with photozoom pro?

their website does not mention this as a feature of their program
it seems to be a rescaler, not a background remover
Sorry, I misspoke kind of. I checked out the site and saw PhotoZoom Pro as one of their products, so I was commenting on that. I was just rereading this thread during lunch, and realized my mistake. No, it does not remove backgrounds. I'm a longtime Photoshop user, and it works better than ever for this task. I appreciate this thread though, to see what else is going on out their on background removal.

Steve

41 - 52 of 52 Posts