T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i think somebody recently inquired about removing the background from a photo and isolating an object/person

their is a dedicated program called cutout made by franciz here

i have been playing around with cutout7, and it works really well and really fast
this version 7 is free here

this is one i just did in about 30 seconds (you can go back in and add/remove to get a more detailed cutout)

Shorts Wood Sleeve Building Wall
Black Sleeve Rectangle Screenshot Line
Flower Plant Botany Petal Pink

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Mrs. binki did the same on her phone picture editing in a minute. Go figure.

Reactions: into the T

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Mrs. binki did the same on her phone picture editing in a minute. Go figure.
Because the tools to create these apps are free.
Deep Image Matting (MIT Licensed)
MODNet (Apache v2.0 Licensed).
I started working on an app myself last summer but have not finished it.

The power of cloud computing AI, no doubt.
It is AI but cloud computing is not necessary.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For Cutout 7 download, checkbox: "I agree to the storage and processing of my personal data. "

I guess they're just more blatant than most, but really no different.
yeah, i forgot to write to use a throw-away email and false name, etc.

my wife too has never owned a cell phone (she does not even like answering the landline)
just never saw a need, now some people cannot fathom life without theirs
(+ in canada they secretly tracked and traced people's movements and duration at stops via their cellphone last year)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
yeah, i forgot to write to use a throw-away email and false name, etc.

my wife too has never owned a cell phone (she does not even like answering the landline)
(+ in canada they secretly tracked and traced people's movements and duration at stops via their cellphone last year)
Same here, including the (former) wife :) She'd jump when the phone rang. (Out of kindness, I haven't called her in 22 years ;) )

There is, of course, a group effort between Google, Apple, and Microsoft to kill the password and replace it with ones cell phone ... because people are idiots and have dumb, short passwords, and because G A & M want to be middlemen to everything you do. Like the old brain dead "accepted wisdom" that passwords should be changed every 30 days, I doubt this tech fix will fix the weakest link, humans :p

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
i've personally never owned a cell/smart phone,
Smartphones are really useful to me for work purposes, and for watching a movie or two during long flights.
I'm not involved in any type of political or other type of risky activity, so I don't mind if Google knows the location of my fake details.

There is, of course, a group effort between Google, Apple, and Microsoft to kill the password and replace it with ones cell phone ... because people are idiots and have dumb, short passwords, and because G A & M want to be middlemen to everything you do. Like the old brain dead "accepted wisdom" that passwords should be changed every 30 days, I doubt this tech fix will fix the weakest link, humans
Humans is indeed the weakest link, and multi-point authentication is a partial solution to it... an added layer of protection.
Forcing people to use long complex passwords is easy but becomes more of a headache than a solution on its own.
People will forget the passwords easy, and a recovery mechanism is obviously necessary.
Using email recovery is an option of course, but that's actually a common way to get all your accounts linked to it hijacked.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Smartphones are really useful to me for work purposes, and for watching a movie or two during long flights.
I'm not involved in any type of political or other type of risky activity, so I don't mind if Google knows the location of my fake details.

Humans is indeed the weakest link, and multi-point authentication is a partial solution to it... an added layer of protection.
Forcing people to use long complex passwords is easy but becomes more of a headache than a solution on its own.
People will forget the passwords easy, and a recovery mechanism is obviously necessary.
Using email recovery is an option of course, but that's actually a common way to get all your accounts linked to it hijacked.
thanks for the input, but you are stuck in a trap (and yes, it will require you chewing your leg off to extricate yourself, i.e. sacrifice)

the hegalian dialectect has ensnared you, and a great portion of humanity
they create the problem, you react, and they offer their pre-made solution

i will ask you what i ask anyone who claims they are fine being spied upon,
because they don't do x, y or z
will you allow a corporation to setup a camera & microphone inside your home,
where you also do not do x, y or z?

even if you are fine being a marked beast of the field, why do you want your free-roaming brothers and sisters captured and imprisoned with you?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
thanks for the input, but you are stuck in a trap (and yes, it will require you chewing your leg off to extricate yourself, i.e. sacrifice)

the hegalian dialectect has ensnared you, and a great portion of humanity
they create the problem, you react, and they offer their pre-made solution

i will ask you what i ask anyone who claims they are fine being spied upon,
because they don't do x, y or z
will you allow a corporation to setup a camera & microphone inside your home,
where you also do not do x, y or z?

even if you are fine being a marked beast of the field, why do you want your free-roaming brothers and sisters captured and imprisoned with you?
Writing is my earliest, and strongest, passion. But I mostly dismissed it as a "reasonable" option until later in life. The internet is a great research tool for writers ... but how many times can I research nifty ways of destroying DNA evidence or disposing of bodies or info about fringe groups who might provide suitably deranged villains--before there is a knock on my door, followed by a booted foot :p And that's not even accounting for my tendency toward dark, cynical, non-PC humor. That alone would probably get me a firing squad in most states, as I've something to offend everyone ;)

Still, at the end of the day, it is not the tracking and spying, but the time I would waste that makes me see cell phones as kryptonite. As you all can see, I waste plenty of time online already ...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Love 'em or hate 'em cell phones (mobiles here in the UK) are here to stay.

My sister-in-law was out walking her dogs on the local beach as she does every day. Not a soul to be seen anywhere and the dogs ran off to have some fun so she took a walk to the water's edge.She'd hardly gone a few metres when she ended up in quicksand and couldn't get free. She managed to bend her knees and lie on her back to distribute her weight.

Anyway, to cut a long story shor,t her life was saved by the fact she had her mobile phone with her. The tide was on its way IN!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, great stories. Speaking of background removal solutions......this is a good one for free Free Online Background Remover | Remove BGs on Depositphotos

And www.remove.bg. Free to try.
We use those once in a while and they do a good job. So does Adobe Express. Free Image Background Remover | Adobe Express. But soon I have a ton of photos for our new website that require background removal, trimming and other shenanigans. I probably just farm this all out to someone on Upwork as I do not want to spend too much time on that task.

·
Administrator
15,475 Posts
But soon I have a ton of photos for our new website that require background removal, trimming and other shenanigans. I probably just farm this all out to someone on Upwork as I do not want to spend too much time on that task.
Before they went to subscription, we would send ours out to Pixelz Pricing Plans. Subscribe for a month and get all yours done here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts