T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to develop my own brand of babywear starting with tshirts. I already have multi colour designs (front-centre printing). A Babysafe printing method is a top priority.

What I want to achieve:
100% cotton shirts (white is fine to begin with)
assorted sizes 0-24m (hard to find 0-6m options)
very low minimums to start off (maybe dtg is best?)
Garment finishing/ own branding (maybe tick tab and own label or screen print neck label)

Options: I have found shirts and can source labels and woven hem/side tabs easily if this is a good route to reduce costs, I also don't mind putting some work in as long as its possible to end up with a well finished garment. Also open to one-stop companies if theres not a great cost difference.

After a bit of searching its looking like £8-£10 for low minimums and that's without garment finishing. I don't know where I'm going wrong, or if this is just the case for low minimums? I think ill use zazzle or something for prototypes anyway although still seem to only have 6m age tshirts.

I have asked a lot in here but even if you can help with one or two things I'd be very grateful. If it helps, I'm Scotland based. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to find a DTG printer who's inks and pre-treatment are oekotex class 1 approved like the Brother brand.

Give GSUK in Nottingham a call and they will put you in touch with printers who offer a trade DTG service.
thanks very much for that, the more I look into this though the less affordable it seems!

I want to make sure I'm doing my part re making them babysafe. But for a startup business - its looking too costly.

So frustrating when I have the finished product in mind. I can find people to do it, I just cant seem to get it at the right price for lower quantities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.