T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the difference is between the onesies that are specifically blanks and the packs they sell in stores. I was in WalWorld yesterday and they had a 5 pack of Carter "bodysuits" for around $10, can these be used with a heatpress? Thanks

Di

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
They might be different weights of material. If the material is too thin, it might be more difficult to put a transfer on it. Blanks that are made for decoration are usually the proper weight to hold the transfer or screen print.

For $10 though, you could always give it a try...you may have found a new blank source :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
We've picked up many more of these all across the size spectrum....in both long and short sleeve. They seem to work great!!!!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
VolleyChick said:
Cool beans, I'll give it a shot - thanks!

Di
My wife went out and found a bunch of these packs so the cost of each onesie came to around $1.00 each. Much better than the $5 or more sold by distributors. If you get the Carter or other top brand, you can still get the price and the quality if good. The Carter onesies are fairly thick and hold a transfer well. I've printed probably 75 of them with no problems. Mothers see the Carter name and like that 'cause they typically buy Carters anyway. Stay away from the infant Tees that looked kind of ribbed and are very thin. Too thin and don't hold shape well.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
does anyone have a bland to use when posting on a web site. I just want to superimpose the design on a blank rather than actually printing a onesie and taking a picture of it. I want to do more of a print on demand site since you have 0-3 months 3-6 and so on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts