T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive got a real problem with the t's that im making. Every single shirt seems to crack after the very first wash, or even a simple stretch before or after washing!

Ive had a good look through similar posts but still dont seem to see any conclusive results / help....

Can someone tell me IF it is possible to transfer an injket transfer image onto a t without this issue??
..if so, ist it merely an issue surrounding calibrations/consumables, i.e heats, pressing times, papers, inks?

Im using an Epson 1290 printer with Jetwear greenline papers, pressed at 190C for around 15 secs on FOL, Gildan, Jerzees & hanes 100% cotton t's

I would be Very Very Very gratefull if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction.

so far ive got loads of t shirts, great designs , but i cant sell them as they seem to be no use after the first wash :(

Thanx

·
Banned
54 Posts
hey there, don't give up.

i guess with digita/computer/laser etc. transfers you run in to durability problems.

one way that helps durability is to use some type of backing, this will ensure no cracking.

[edit: removed self promotional URL] , i did some research and the guy ( retired now ) that owns that business was involved with the development of photo transfers in the early 90's that has bloomed into an industry it self.

cheers, stick with it.

edit: removed self promotional URL as per forum rules:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the reply!

what kinda backing do you mean / suggest? ..ive had a look through that site but dont seem to see anything particular to this issue....

do u mean something place ontop of the transferred image or before its transferred?

thanx again

·
Banned
54 Posts
Hi. it's generic name is called opaque backing material, some transfer papers come with it and you can print designs on them or you can buy it seperatly.

It's like a thin rubber.
You can also use vinyl, print full color and CAD cut. Need the right equipment, computer printer/cutter. Vinyl is very durable, like what is used in Sport Jersey Uniforms and looks like screen printed.

Again !!! HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD - CAN NOT SEE THE NEW THREAD BUTTON.

HELP ????????????????

·
Registered
950 Posts
Foxy said:
Again !!! HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD - CAN NOT SEE THE NEW THREAD BUTTON.

HELP ????????????????
Hi Foxy,

At the top of any page click the Home button, then choose and click any topic that will best fit your new post, and then click where it say Post New Thread. I'm sure there are other ways too.

Strackal,
Have you tried a different brand transfer paper yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foxy thanx again.

Is it possible tho, to do a transfer that doesnt crack?

Has anyone acheived this?

for the cost etc i dont really want to start buying vinyl flock etc

Can anyone reccomend a good paper that has this backing?

Thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts