It sucks when no one reply on my post. You have very gentleman questions.I'm purchasing a DTG printer. I have been screen printing for over 17 years, I have 2 automatics and 1 manual press. I'm purchasing this dtg to handle my smaller orders. I know my ink cost are going to be much higher but my labor cost will go down with this purchase.
My question is, what is the most common type of graphic you guys print?
What will this machine in your opinion not do well?
What is your personal breaking point as far as screen printing vs dtg printing (at what number would you rather do one over the other)?
Do you charge for the amount of ink your putting down or do you have standard charges that don't necessarily reflect ink usage?
thanks in advance for your input.
1. Any Graphics. Process, spot, vector you name it they all doing it. There are no limits.
2. In IMHO less than 200 shirts DTG is the winner, going home fast, not messy, no set up, mo films, no ink cleaning, preps. More colors they are less pain on digital printing. Ask yourself 16 color set up and screens and burn screens and clean up.
3. Short run, multi colors, better hands(soft), clean. Greener than screen print. Cheaper and simpler than screen print.
4. Pricing? Please sell art and service. Not ink. Ink usage is just one of your tool you will use. I have customers who sell 1 shirts for $200/ea and $5/ea. Your choice.
5. Anything I missed? Please notice what your customers will ask/say to you before they give you a job? Quality and Service!!!
6. Big quantity digital will lose unless you spend $250K or more. How about 4 secs per print? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FqYYyuy20Qg
Can you print this fast with your auto?