T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all? I new to the screenprinting industry as well as to this forum. I'm just starting out and would like to know if anyone has put 2gether a production time chart for 1 & 2 color prints for assorted quantites (12, 24, 36, 48, 60 & 72)? I understand it depends on the screen printer themselves and that the times may vary. I understand the screenprinting process and am able to print up to 4 color designs. I cure the ink with a heat gun :mad: and or a oven. This process is very time consuming. I can complete a 1 or 2 color t-shirt in 4 to 5 minutes depending on the size of the print. 85% of that time is curing the ink. How long should it take to complete these types of shirts? I would like to know estimates, this way I can use it to see how far behind I am at in this process. This way I can set my prices correctly. I am in the process of getting a flasher, kinda expensive. I have been following along on different topics on this forum and have learned alot about screen printing. Thanks for any and all the help.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That sounds about right for using a heat gun and an oven. The flash will definitely help your cause. We use 2 flashes without a conveyor and we put out a shirt every 40 seconds or so.

·
Registered
592 Posts
100+ pieces per hour sounds about where we were on a manual for a 1 color print, single location print.

(using a conveyor dryer)...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm pretty new myself and do about 40 secs per shirt (1 color or 2 color).....including loading the shirt. My flash is set at about 30 secs...but that is adjustable so I could speed it up a bit for 1 color jobs. Actually, I was getting about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts