T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a typical amount of time for a full cure with a flash cure unit. I have a basic 16x16 "econo-flash."

·
Registered
414 Posts
depends on how far you have it from the print and how much ink is on the print.
If im just doing my logo i just leave it under for 30 seconds but something with more ink lasts about a minute.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It depends on the temp.of your unit and the distance from the print,.. full curing temp. is generally between 310 and 320 degrees F. for standard plastisol inks. hope this helps

·
Registered
584 Posts
My flash unit is 1 1/2" - 2" above my image, and I usually have it set to 40-50 seconds for larger artwork. Not sure what my temps are though. . .

·
Registered
77 Posts
I usually have the unit six inches from the shirt.. monitoring it with an IR temp gun so that it reaches 320 and then allow it to stay there for a few seconds. The important things is to get the ink to 320. I would recommend a IR heat gun be in your shop!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Joe do you have any problems with scorching your shirts? I'm about to buy a temp gun, but I get some brown spots on some shirts so I need to either raise the platen a bit or drop the time down. Just wondering if you have experienced the same thing with the height of your platen (though yours temps and my temps might be completely different)

·
Administrator
14,650 Posts
Joe do you have any problems with scorching your shirts? I'm about to buy a temp gun, but I get some brown spots on some shirts so I need to either raise the platen a bit or drop the time down. Just wondering if you have experienced the same thing with the height of your platen (though yours temps and my temps might be completely different)
As long as I don't go over 45 seconds, I get no scorching. The longer my unit is on, the hotter it gets (up to a point). So when i first start curing it might take 60 seconds. But after 30 minutes or so, it only takes 45.

·
Registered
584 Posts
man, I've been having the SAME exact problems, I'm glad to hear someone else say that so that I'm not crazy! Thanks for the help, I'll be placing the order for my temp gun today. :D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
a temp gun is a must for a screen printing shop....the time cured isn't as important as the temp.....the plastisol ink must reach 320 degrees in order to get fully cured , so it wont wash away in the washing machine....with that said..the thicker the deposit of ink the longer you need have the flash over the shirt. ....for example ...a white print hit 2 or 3 time has a thicker deposit of ink than a black ink hit once....so you would need to cure the white print longer than the black print...even if they both reach 320 at the same time..the thicker deposit of ink needs to be cured all the way through, so will take a bit longer to cure....

hope this helps.

Inked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts