T-Shirt Forums banner

Automatic Screen Printing Machine

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  stilllearning 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the best Automatic Screen Printing Machine?

#2 ·
This is not an area I know much about, other than that M&R is the biggest name.

There are round ones and "oval" ones, and some really big ones. You should probably say a bit more about what your plans are, since there isn't really a generic "best" anything, but rather a best for X-number of colors or units per day or for X-expense or for a space X-large etc.

#3 ·
Yeah...I realized that after I clicked send...I tried to delete the post to no avail. Basically I am pre-shopping for a new automatic machine that can produce 750+ per hour and print up to 10 colors. Ease of registration is key. Feedback I have received most often is to go with M&R. I currently have an old American Al-X-10...it chugs along nicely (Knock on wood). I am limited to 6 colors and registration is a nightmare along with maintenance...SRoque does a great job marketing and the machine looks sturdy...feedback please?

#4 ·
M&R has proven reliability. I have a manual and ran into a rep at show. I mentioned maybe buying a used machine, he gave me his card and said just get the serial number and call. He could give me info on machine. Just as with many older press some of the PLC's are unavaliable or other electronics. He said he could advise whether they were obsolete or avaliable. The PLC on obsolete models can be replaced but programming cost too much.

#5 ·
Hit post on accident.

Says about their support. I have ordered twice from them. Order went out same day or next day due to I ordered at 11pm. I'm a state away got parts next day.

Remember if you want 10 colors every flash is loss of color most manufactures. Revolver mode can be used but slows the production. Other manufactures have some attempts with step back and never see anyone raving about it.

The Workhorse Sabre does look and sound enticing. I seen it at a show. It also uses the flashback so no loss of color for flash and cools not how many you can use on a 10 color

There are other manufactures. MHM is a highly recomended brand and has its own pin reg system. The cheaper javelins, Brown brobaplyprobably be pushing the machines over 500 per hr.

#6 · (Edited)
My post on a few of the reasons we choose the S-Roque http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing-equipment/t555722-3.html#post3057586

I would highly recommend seeing presses up close and personal (all brands your considering) to make sure that they are a good fit for your shop.

Edit: All new 10 color press are going to easily handle well over 750 pcs per hour. They will like be much faster than you :)

#11 ·
Anything but Anatol! I have had nothing but problems with mine ever since I bought it. Literally something stops working every other month and has to be fixed. Then I order a part and sometimes they don't have it and they'll even forget to ship it. That's happened to me twice.

I've worked on M&R's and they are very solid machines. Definitely buy a press with electric print heads, it's well worth the extra cost.

#13 ·
Reliability and part’s ability is a big deal!

M&R. Domestic good support/parts
Tuf/Javelin very popular domestic machine
Workhorse Sabre a great machine domestic
TAS Great Auto based in Australia $$$
MHM Really Robust construction Austria $$$
Anatol based in Poland machine issues parts?
Roq nice looking machine mixed results
Brown or Lawson Automatics not enough info

Air driven stations/electric print heads is a nice combination The TUF Auto Flash is a great design as you don’t sacrifice Color to flash on the fly.

Good Luck!
More $hirts per hour!!

vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.