T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm full with questions today, we live in a world where the auto companies all have standards at which when they design and/or make vehicles there size is an impact as to what they are considered as: Midsized, compacts, etc.

With this said is there an industry standard when creating graphics, vinyl cutouts that will appear on vehicles. I know this is a consideration for many owners(consumers) as to how large or small a design is or available as.

I am in the process of looking into buying a vinyl plotter and would like to get one that can handle most larger jobs as I realize that length shouldn't be an issue as long as the rolls you are using are as long as your design however as the plotters all seem to sell by width what size would you say is to small.

Most of the designs I have seen are usually 16" or 20" is that a common size?

What would suggest? I would rather get one that is closer to what many consider to be a decent average size then a smaller one?

Thanks Again to all that contribute,

I appreciate your help,

~ Tim

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think that when buying a plotter.. the 24 inch wide ones are the best size for todays market.. that being said... the previous owner of our shop got along with an 18 inch wide plotter for 13 years and did many jobs for vehicles
Most of the time.. with cut vinyl you really are not gonna get a solid design that is that big.. and you can cut in sections if its words or has a break in the design..
also.. i will say i have only had to use over 24 inchs wide once.. and that time i cut it on my versacamm.. .. I could have done it a letter at a time and done it on the smaller plotters .. but was easier to cut on the versacamm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts