T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where in Australia I can buy JetPro SofStretch heat transfer paper or if some can recommend better paper but it has to be commercial grade? Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper

I think Coastal business supply sells that particular type, not sure if they ship internationally though.
I do like that material for inkjet quite alot.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where in Australia I can buy JetPro SofStretch heat transfer paper or if some can recommend better paper but it has to be commercial grade? Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance
Hi there,

Unfortunately JetProSofstretch isn't available here in Australia as yet! Unless someone has become a stockist and didn't inform anyone:D.
I've purchased my JPSS from Coastal Business Supplies in the US. Great service and fast delivery but of course the shipping rates are a little bit higher than I had expected, but well worth it. JPSS is one top transfer paper. I wouldn't even bother using any other for lights, but each to their own I suppose!

There is a supplier in Singapore who I have contacted a while back, but they required a minimum order of 1000 and a delivery time of around 2months. This info may have changed by now!
PM me if you would like their details.

Regards,

Tizz:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance
Sorry I forgot to add,

The epson R310 is a good printer to use, but the original oem ink I am not 100% sure about.
This printer has a Micro Piezo print head which is most favoured to be used for heat transfes paper. I think it's just the way these printers disperse the ink to form the image you get a much finer detailed result.

The inks that are mostly used and recommended are Pigment based inks. Epson stock Durabrite inks (pigment ink), but I don't know exactly what comes with the R210 & R310's.
I am using an Epson C110 the original ink cartridges are Durabrite (pigment) and these have come out really good. But the cartridge's don;t last as long so I've purchased a cis for this system with Pigment ink from SuperJet USA. Good price for system and shipping and arrived pretty fast. Actually it arrived faster than some of the items I've purchased locally from ebay!:D

However, you can also get Heat Transfer Inks, these ink I believe has been formulated to suit high temperatures. (Next ink I'm gonna purchase when I run out!). I've heard nothing but good feedback with these ink types. Check out InkJetCarts or Ink Supply they stock these.

Hope this helps!

Regards

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unfortunately Picture Perfect doesn't stock the A3 size, are there other distributors in Oz? (after a Google search I don't think so...) Shipping from USA is quite expansive, so what do you people use to print in A3??
This lack of supplies in Australia is frustrating...:mad:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Unfortunately Picture Perfect doesn't stock the A3 size, are there other distributors in Oz? (after a Google search I don't think so...) Shipping from USA is quite expansive, so what do you people use to print in A3??
This lack of supplies in Australia is frustrating...:mad:
You would think they'd stock the A3 paper. Seeing they sell A3 printers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am wondering whether or not I should go with the JetPro Sofstretch transfer paper or go with the ChromaBlast method.
What sort of window do people get with the JetPro?
Also what sort of feel on the t-shirt do you get?
Any feedback and advice on the product that hasn't already been said would be really helpful.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought direct from Coastal Business. It was MUCH cheaper than Picture perfect with shipping included. Don't just accept the shipping price in checkout. Email your order and ask for a shipping quote. I don't know why but the shipping cost in the checkout showed over $500!!!! When I emailed it came down to $148.00!
They had a special for T_shirt forum members and with the Australian dollar conversion at the moment it was still cheap with shipping!
Once conversions and shipping were calcuted within the cost I paid Inkjet dark A4 $1.34 per sheet, Inkjet light A4 $0.51 per sheet, Inkjet Light A3 $1.23 per sheet Inkjet dark A3 $2.15 per sheet.
The Australian dollar is even better at the moment so it should be cheaper!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add,

The epson R310 is a good printer to use, but the original oem ink I am not 100% sure about.
This printer has a Micro Piezo print head which is most favoured to be used for heat transfes paper. I think it's just the way these printers disperse the ink to form the image you get a much finer detailed result.

The inks that are mostly used and recommended are Pigment based inks. Epson stock Durabrite inks (pigment ink), but I don't know exactly what comes with the R210 & R310's.
I am using an Epson C110 the original ink cartridges are Durabrite (pigment) and these have come out really good. But the cartridge's don;t last as long so I've purchased a cis for this system with Pigment ink from SuperJet USA. Good price for system and shipping and arrived pretty fast. Actually it arrived faster than some of the items I've purchased locally from ebay!:D

However, you can also get Heat Transfer Inks, these ink I believe has been formulated to suit high temperatures. (Next ink I'm gonna purchase when I run out!). I've heard nothing but good feedback with these ink types. Check out InkJetCarts or Ink Supply they stock these.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Epson is telling me to use a T50 printer and haven't told me if it uses pigment ink what do you believe is the more appropriate printer to use to print on transfer paper to print on t-shirts. AlsoI,m based in the south west of WA and have always used heat set nylon and just starting to look at images, as I only print t-shirts as a side line but may go into it further if Iget the right advice. Do you know anything about self weeding transfer paper??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Epson is telling me to use a T50 printer and haven't told me if it uses pigment ink what do you believe is the more appropriate printer to use to print on transfer paper to print on t-shirts. AlsoI,m based in the south west of WA and have always used heat set nylon and just starting to look at images, as I only print t-shirts as a side line but may go into it further if Iget the right advice. Do you know anything about self weeding transfer paper??
The Epson T50's use Claria Dye inks. They're not pigment inks.
The Epson T1100 uses pigment inks and prints up to A3 sizes.

As for self weeding paper, I have yet to try but would certainly like to find out more on this holds up. As for JPSS, top notch transfer paper for lights. I've got tees that have lasted many, many washes throughout the 3 or so years and still don't look like transfers.

Regards,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thankyou for the response so quickly, typical Epson was sending me in the wrong direction again. Where can I obtain the pigment inks for the T1100, is there any where AU based.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've also purchased a CIS for an epson R210 from inkjetcarts also. Rihac based in melbourne offer CISS and pigment ink for many epson printers. Might wanna check them out also. Rihac.com.au

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have pigment inks in Rockingham WA for Epson Printer I use the 1430 and T50 Printers also have T shirt heat transfer vinyls
Cheers John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts