1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

so i know these posts come EVER day.
but i am located in sydney australia
i am officially starting my own apparel company [starting with tshirts to begin].

i have a check list of everything i need to do behind the scenes...

- business name register
- abn
yada yada

but i want you to tell me more things i may need to be doing, before we officially launch.

**please mainly australian based people, as our licensing laws are different to the US etc**

im worried i have forgotten something, and with the long weekend, i am trying to get a head start on everything.

Thanks!

-lou.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi lou, I'm also a new starter so we're on the same train. When it comes to Public and Products Liability insurance I have found AAMI very helpful and they have an affordable policy for market stalls etc if this applies to you.
Thanks
Bry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bry,

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, i used to do the market scene, i loved it to be honest. But im trying to base mainly off the internet, so i will avoid those costs as long as possible. haha.

Thanks though!
What kind of stuff are you doing?

-lou.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lou, currently we do temporary tattoos and sarongs, but looking to expand this year into stickers, T shirts, and other image transfer items...and set up a website once established.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Graeme, we paid around $200 for a $20million cover, note this is restricted to markets and special events, also was for temporary tattoos not for apparel. If you ring them they will quote based on what/where/when you are planning to operate. Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanx bry, just keeping tabs on things at moment, too much else on and hope to satisfy my creative talent later and resume printing. this forum sure keeps my pulse going tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts