T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info concerning putting beads and other rhinestone type applications to shirts. What is used to attach them to the shirt?

Thanks, you guys have helped so much so far.

Jason

·
Registered
182 Posts
To professionally secure the stones, you will need a rhinestone printer. You can find the on ebay and many other online merchants. be prepared to spend a big chunk of cash on these machines. I was thinking of doing this to.:)

This is a good idea and I hope you make many sales.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Times have changed since these last posts,,
Now if you have a heat press
some hotfix stones
and some mylar tape,, you are set to go,, these stay on forever,, not like the ones that used to fall off everywhere,,
so a search on here for the lessons, and if you need any help,, just ask

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Not only can you apply these hotfix stones,, but you can also apply them over transfers and vinyl as well.
Just do a double press.
Sandy Jo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to rhinestones and the tshirt forum, so forgive me if this information is somewhere else. Who are good vendors to purchase rhinestones and supplies for making templates. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Noo biggy we all started someplace,,
finding the right suppliers,, for us,,
I use,stones from www.hypnotikwear.com
Just start getting ahold of he suppliers and ask, for samples, pay attention to the size of each stone,,and consistant glue on the backs,,
if i can help any more,, please ask,,
sandy jo
Monkeymeme

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do not a any rhinestone machine, so I do it the old way, by hand. I do a search for example for a dolphin picture on google, I pick the best one and print it on my printer on regular paper. I cut my mylar paper to size and put the tape , sticky side up and tape it to my paper print, I then place each hotfix rhinestone with a tweezer one by one until finished, I then heat press it for 10 seconds at 385 , cool it and take off the mylar, then reheat it for another 5 seconds. It takes a little work but I charge good and my customers love it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
good for you,, there is nothing wrong with doing it that, way, that is how i started as well,, and it is a great way to test your market, to make sure you can sell what you love to make,, before investing in a machine,
Thanks for sharing,,
MMM:p:):p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too am very new to rhinestones and want to add a design in rhinestone to my tee shirts. Is it better to glue them on or hotfix them? if hotfix is the way, can someone explain it to me on how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
hot fix stones are those with glue already on the bottom and a heat press (preferably) is used to press them on the garment. Others have purchased non hotfix stones and applied glue individually....not a very fast/profitable way when time is considered.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ilt is time consuming, but if you do like I do,(wear a rhinestone tee and get individual orders) it is worth the effort, as long as you charge for your time. I charge $40 a tee for rhinestone . for example, I imght sell a tee with a person's name, so I go to my computer and do a name in coreldraw , print it and I put it on my desk and tape a piece of mylar paper, sticky side up on top of the print and continue to put the rhinestones one by one on the mylar until I have the whole name or image with the rhinestones facing shiny side down of course. And make sure yu place them mirror side. abc, cba, so when you put them on the heat press they are facing you as you want them . It is time consuming, but I enjoy it and since I do this part time, its ok. Now if you do this as a full time job, get a rhinestone machine. Hopefully I will eventually get one myself, right now I cannot afford one. If you do a search on youtube.com you will see many tutorials about this.
Rafael

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
If you can repress, dtg printing, you can apply stones on as the hotfix will need repressing, ontop of the dtg..screenprining, vinyl, and bling bling bling away.
I placed stones by hand,, for a long time,,
and now have cutters to make templates,.make sure you have a market .
There is nothing wrong with handsetting, I still do it for a one of a kind shirt as i just love designing and setting the stones and studs.

go for it and post some pics to show your work.
Sandy Jo:p:):p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Heat machines or heat presses vary according to size and brand. Just make sure you buy one that meets your requirements according to what you want to do with it. I have a 15x15 that I use to press rhinetones and larger t-shirt transfers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you can repress, dtg printing, you can apply stones on as the hotfix will need repressing, ontop of the dtg..screenprining, vinyl, and bling bling bling away.
I placed stones by hand,, for a long time,,
and now have cutters to make templates,.make sure you have a market .
There is nothing wrong with handsetting, I still do it for a one of a kind shirt as i just love designing and setting the stones and studs.

go for it and post some pics to show your work.
Sandy Jo:p:):p

Thank you very much, Sandy. I will try sometime later.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Jill...to make templates...as a starter...there are about 3 systems to use:
1) Roland Engravers...$3500 to about $5500
2) Digital Art Solutions ..Vinyl rhinestone system...about $5000 IF you do not any program to build on
3) Eagle UltraForce..also a vinyl cutting system..about $3500 (a smaller version out soon...$2400)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts