T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a DTG printer looking to expand into screen printing and was wondering if this press would be a good starter. The press is an Atlas B 14 four color 1 station. Any input? Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think Atlas makes decent equipment. But I think I would try to find a 4 station press, unless you're only going to print on light colors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can only do light shirts on a 1 station press? Guess I have some learning to do.
Nah, you just can't do 4 color's on darks. Well, you can if one of the colors is white.

Basically to print on darks, you need a white underbase, So you lose an arm to that. So you can do 3 colors on darks, 4 on lights.

I'm not sure what the extra stations would have to do with it, aside from bringing up production time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought. I do DTG so my high color light garments are taken care of. I need to be able to do white on black, I'm losing business by not offering high runs of white on black. What kind of alignment does the Atlas have?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The multiples stations will allow you to have a flash station and 2 cool downs. You can print on darks with a one station but it's PAINFULLY slow. Believe me. I've been there. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
At least take a look at the 2 station bench model that Atlas makes. That looks pretty slick. I've never seen a bench model with more than one station. Looks like it's only another $300 too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts