T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a conveyor dryer uses a lot of energy. I'm just trying to figure out how much a lot is. I am thinking of getting an Atlas 620 or something comparable. Can anyone give me some sort of idea of how much more I will be paying for electric? And if I go with a gas dryer it will cost more up front, but the energy will not be as much? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I found this once to figure it out. If you know how much you're paying per kilowatt hour (look on your bill) and how many watts they dryer uses, this will figure how much per hour it costs to run. Also consider that if the dryer has a thermostat, it's not pulling much power at all when the elements are cycled off. I figure mine is cycled on about 60-70% of the time once it's hot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'm going to do research and I have to study this. How did you figure out 60-70%?

·
Registered
859 Posts
just a guess mostly, even though once i counted one mississippi two mississippi...... while it was on, same thing once it clicked off. it was on about a minute, off for about 40 sceonds. just listen for the relays clicking on and off.

mine pulls 13000 watts while on. I pay 10.5 cents per kwh. Rounds out to $1-1.35/hr. Not much really compared to how much you can make in an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts