T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first tradeshow I attend with the ideal of starting a t-shirt company and I wanted to know your option about the show. Was the show too small, not enough vendors, or maybe the greatest show in the south.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hey Raheem, I think I talked to you at the show?

I don't know if there are better tradeshows in the South for what you need. The ISS when it hits Long Beach, CA is much bigger.

Sometimes a tradeshow is not what you need (sometimes it is). What you have to do is figure out what questions you need answers to, then step by step, research the answers to the questions.

For example, if you want to feel what a bamboo t-shirt feels like, then you can find a blank bamboo seller like bambooclothes.com and order one and have it shipped to you.

ISS can be an informative show for someone starting a clothing line, but at the same time, it's more geared towards people who are in the custom printing industry. There's definitely some crossover helpful info though.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I went last year, and missed most of it this year, but I think there is a lot of information there. But as Rodney said, it depends on what exactly you are looking for.

Also in October is the SGIA show SGIA - Specialty Graphic Imaging Association I haven't been to this, and I amy go, but from what I hear it is bigger.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
What was I thinking. If Robert lives there we can have him fix dinner:)
Fix dinner? I'm still looking for the key to give to Rodney. :D

Isn't it free? When I go to register, it's asking for some kind of money. Is there a "Free" code? If Rodney goes, maybe I can say I'm with his "posse".

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Fix dinner? I'm still looking for the key to give to Rodney. :D

Isn't it free? When I go to register, it's asking for some kind of money. Is there a "Free" code? If Rodney goes, maybe I can say I'm with his "posse".
I was looking for the free way to register as well. All I saw were the pay options for SGIA.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
OK when are you guys going to tell me of the new stuff you seen at Atlanta ISS? Come on I have been waiting a week haha :) Give up the goods, what did ya see? Any new cool stuff that was there?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
OK when are you guys going to tell me of the new stuff you seen at Atlanta ISS? Come on I have been waiting a week haha :) Give up the goods, what did ya see? Any new cool stuff that was there?
It was most of the same stuff that you'd see in Long Beach, but there were a couple of new things. I have my rough draft posts saved that I'm still working on (with photos).

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Thanks Rodney :) See I am impatient haha, but I guess I will see everything in january at long beach. So the Atlanta show was smaller then Long Beach? It is strange thinking that the SGIA would be larger then ISS :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks Rodney :) See I am impatient haha, but I guess I will see everything in january at long beach. So the Atlanta show was smaller then Long Beach? It is strange thinking that the SGIA would be larger then ISS :)
Yeah, the Atlanta ISS show was about 1/3 or 1/4 of the size of the Long Beach show. The Impressions folks said the Long Beach show is their largest of the year each year.

Long Beach might take 3 good days walking to get through. Atlanta takes about half a day.

Different size markets though as well.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Bobbie, the south just found out about t-shirts a few years ago, so it is going to take time to grow. :p

Ms. Blue told me she is going for free, so she must know a way.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Well that expains it Prommy :) You all should come to Long Beach then :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Ok Teresa I have given into your blackmail and updated my random photography thread, so now I want the details of the show haha :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts