T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Corel Draw x8 home student to design my shirts/window stickers on my lap top, save them to a thumb drive and open them in Great Cut on an old pc that was running windows xp, and that was working till the computer had a total melt down and kicked the bucket.:(

Now I have loaded my Corel Draw and Great cut onto a single computer running Windows 7 Home 64 bit, for ease of operation, but still can use my laptop to design away from home, after all, I am still a hobbyist with another full time job.

The problem I am running into is this, I take my design that has been vectored and is ready to be cut, I click send to great cut, it opens in great cut (utilizing the compatibility mode) and now Great Cut is not finding the plotter? I went in the the device manager and it is showing as an unrecognized device even after I have tried to install it using the drivers on the Great Cut CD. I tried logging into the great cut club to try and get new drivers, but, the cutter is registered to it's previous owner, when I punch in the serial number!!! I am making t-shirts for an event this coming weekend and need to make about 20 more items to be pressed on to the shirts.

ANY HELP?!?!? PLEASE!!!

Russ:confused::(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, now I am really confused and frustrated!!! I downloaded a trial version of Great Cut 4 in the hopes that it will finally resolve the issue with not talking to the plotter. No Good... I am now going to uninstall the original version of Great Cut to see if maybe there is some kind of conflict that I am not picking up on. I tried once again to get into GCC Club to try for VLCD2, which I saw in another thread, and I can't access any thing due to my machine being registered to the previous owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone is interested in the solution to this problem here it is. I am using a windows 7 64 bit computer, and the antiquated expert 24 operates in 32 bit mode, which is why they weren't able to communicate properly. The solution was to switch cables, and instead of the usb cable, I needed a USB to serial cable. I was able to pick one up from Amazon, 6 ft in length, for about $13. Once I installed the driver that came with the cable and then hooked everything up, it self recognized and started cutting. The only thing I have to do differently is open up great cut in compatibility mode, so it thinks it is running on an xp computer.

Happy Cutting!

Russ

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.