T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AScolour price increase comes into effect in a week.
Apparently its due to the fall of the australian dollar.

there regular 5002 mens tee has jumped $1.40 per unit which in my opinion is alot, so combine that with printing cost (for me about $5 per print) its getting too high to sell from wholesale to retail.

frustrated at this big time, i can understand with the economy the way it is they need to do whatever they need to do but $1.40? jesus.
next thing i know my printer will want to put up his prices.

GRRRRRrrrr.not happy.

does this affect anyone else?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Affects pretty much everyone in the garment business here really. All imports have or will go up eventually. Luckily the exchange has levelled out to an average rate so hopefully we wont see more rises.

You'll need to pass on the cost just like your suppliers have.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hopw can they justify that price increase in either NZ or Aus? I think they are using the $ values as an excuse. The NZ$ went back up to 58 cents US and they still put their prices up even after this. Where as I notice neither of the Gildan Distributors have put their prices up at all!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just when I thought they would be a regular supplier they shot em selves in the foot!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you guys aware of the new thicker model t\shirt they have released? its a 180gsm and is slightly longer. its a solid shirt and overall im pretty happy with it,i recommend checking it out. its called the staple T

the best thing about it is its a few bucks cheaper than the paper T, fingers crossed it stays that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts