T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a design and typically i would send the stuff over to my screen printer but i just wanted a limited run on a few designs so i figured i'd go the transfer route and have them sent to a client of mine that has a heat press, and have her do the job. However, i'm running into issue with the artwork. I'm hearing that there's too many details lines are thin i had similar issues wheni had to upload artwork to Spreadshirt before. I'm just curious as to how is it possible that i can see people run really elaborate artwork. However, I do not seem to meet the requirements am i requesting the wrong thing? here's an example mock of the design i'm trying to use.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,014 Posts
The transfer must be vinyl? You shouldn't have this issue with an inkjet or laser transfer.

There is a line height requirement with a cutter cutting vinyl because it is mechanically cutting outlines vs. a printed transfer where the ink is simply sprayed on top of the sheet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The transfer must be vinyl? You shouldn't have this issue with an inkjet or laser transfer.

There is a line height requirement with a cutter cutting vinyl because it is mechanically cutting outlines vs. a printed transfer where the ink is simply sprayed on top of the sheet.

Thanks for the reply Joe that's the problem i don't know which method i should be asking for. Usually with the screenprinting i set it up and send the psd files to my printer guy and i'm good. However, we're leaning towards using the heatpress so it's just a different experience .

·
Registered
426 Posts
Plastisol transfers have issues with thin lines, I am always running into that with them, vinyl, same limitation, perhaps even more so.

The best method to use with a heat press for fine detail work is Laser/inkjet transfer. I see by the size of your image that your client would need to have an oversized inkjet or Laser to make it. (it appears to be larger than 8 x 10.5.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts