T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a friend with some vector artwork she had designed by someone a while ago in illustrator. I do not have illustrator, only corel draw X4. So how can I get this artwork in to CDX4? I do not have access to illustrator otherwise I would save it as SVG or EPS?

Thanks for any info on this one!:D

· Registered
109 Posts
I ran into this a while back... and I for the life of me can't seem to remember what we did. I THINK we ended up being able to "place" a pdf into corel. Try that. I will contact the lady who had Corel today if that don't work and ask what we did to get my Illustrator file to work with her Corel.

· Registered
605 Posts
Create a new document in X4, then import the AI file, same as you would import an image file.

· Registered
568 Posts
I run into this all the time, and have tried for hours to find a workaround, if it is saved with "save with compression" you are just out of luck (anybody , please correct me if I'm wrong)

You can open the file with adobe viewer just to look at it and see how pretty it is, but you can't get it into Corel Draw unless somebody with ai opens it for you and saves it again with "compression" unchecked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.