T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Artainium is a branded name of dye sublimation inks. Sawgrass owns the patents to sublimation inks in the U.S. so the only two options really available should be their Artainium brand (the newer brand I believe) and their SubliJet brand (older brand). Outside of the U.S., there may be other sublimation ink suppliers, but I don't know about the legalities of importing the inks in or anything. I believe I also heard that there are a few other brands for really wide scale sublimation, but for anything less than 17", if you're in the U.S., should probably go with Artainium.

· Registered
328 Posts
Hi Pat,

Quality wise, both inks are very simular. Artainium is less expensive, and is generally marketed to people who have a good grasp on their graphics program. Sublijet is easier to set up and to use for a beginner because a special driver comes with the inks. It has tools that make color matching easier for a beginner, as well as settings for different substrates.

Disclaimer: We are a sublimation reseller that sells both Artainium and Sublijet Inks.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
We sold sublijet for many years and finally changed to the Artainium inks. One way to help you decide is
to ask what inks does Sawgrass recommend for the big printers and the answer until recently was
Artainium not Sublijet. Sawgrass to their credit has just introducted the next generation wide format inks called Sublime which we now sell for big Roland, Mimaki and Epson printers.

Artainium is in my opinion the most popular wide format ink because it works.

I beleive Artainium is much easier setup and had Vista support from day one since we use the only driver
that Epson support. We use ICC profiles like all professional printers for great color.

See what others who use the ink think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.