T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am planning to print some designs on tshirts. I will source the blanks and will heat press myself and therefore, am looking for a company which provides:
1. High quality heat transfer (my perception of high quality is similar to the quality shown in the Designer tshirt award winner). Some but not all designs are art like with many colors (including gradients) and tiny details.
2. May require some help editing the images prior to printing e.g. some artwork in .jpeg format.
3. Low MOQ
4. Deliver to Asia

I am open to buying the blanks from the company itself if price is reasonable. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
773 Posts
I would highly recommend Dowling Graphics Inc in Clearwater Florida, Small enough to talk to but big enough and of course good enough to get the job done.. go to their website at www.dowlinggraphics.com and see the information you need.. also look at their catalog and see the quality of their work.. When you call there ask for Larry or Drew
dlac

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dlac,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw quite a number of posts mentioning Dowling Graphics. I also read quite a number of posts comparing screen printing with heat transfers. Question - is it really possible to achieve a finish and feel similar to screen printing using heat transfers? I approached many print companies and after looking at some of my designs, they claim that only screen printing can be used and this would mean I would need to ready-print a batch of stock for each design and various sizes - something which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
773 Posts
The screen print companies are always going to tell you that they are the only way.. and sometimes they are but I have done a lot of work with dowling and my customers know I use transfers only because I tell them.. They are using plastisol ink just like your printer, better control, better ink laydown and coverage.. they are not as good at blends and gradients but that can be over come and they are much better at 4C process.. have them do one and go from there..
dlac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.