T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, getting absolutely fed up to the back teeth with trying to find a heat press, felt like a rant!

Im a new start up business, I am researching SO much, trust me day and night for about 2 weeks now! cross referencing various reviews, checking all the different makes,
But there basically seems to be no middle ground what so ever in buying a good decent solid starter heat press!

I want to heed the advice of everyone here saying don't buy cheap, chinese/ebay etc, and I am keeping my eye out for a used top brand, I just can't find one at all !

In my opinion all the ebay ones and wherever else they pop up seem to be exactly the same machines, either painted a different colour and/or badged up differently, and that said all these companies just pluck a price from the air!!!! haha

Got my Cameo, Got my Epson - PLEASED/EXCITED
got £300 for a heat press and can't find one!
Really thinking got taking the plunge and buying a stahl basic clam 20x30 at £420, from a reputable dealer, but its just a tad expensive. Im working on £1000 budget, but thats also a business float fund, for stock and purchasing until invoices are paid etc, so can't spend all that on gear.

I have orders already coming in ! So frustrated!

· Registered
503 Posts
Hi, getting absolutely fed up to the back teeth with trying to find a heat press, felt like a rant!

Im a new start up business, I am researching SO much, trust me day and night for about 2 weeks now! cross referencing various reviews, checking all the different makes,
But there basically seems to be no middle ground what so ever in buying a good decent solid starter heat press!

I want to heed the advice of everyone here saying don't buy cheap, chinese/ebay etc, and I am keeping my eye out for a used top brand, I just can't find one at all !

In my opinion all the ebay ones and wherever else they pop up seem to be exactly the same machines, either painted a different colour and/or badged up differently, and that said all these companies just pluck a price from the air!!!! haha

Got my Cameo, Got my Epson - PLEASED/EXCITED
got £300 for a heat press and can't find one!
Really thinking got taking the plunge and buying a stahl basic clam 20x30 at £420, from a reputable dealer, but its just a tad expensive. Im working on £1000 budget, but thats also a business float fund, for stock and purchasing until invoices are paid etc, so can't spend all that on gear.

I have orders already coming in ! So frustrated!
Where are you located? Your message says "£420" - I take it that's the GBP?
Otherwise, you will get lots of suggestions from people on presses that are available in the USA but not the UK. For example, I believe the presses sold by Stahl's in the UK are made in China, but the ones sold in the USA are made in Pennsylvania.

· Registered
193 Posts
Honestly, I was in college when I started. I had next to zero cash. I had to sell stuff to get enough money to start up. Everywhere you read, like you said, people are saying don't buy the cheap ones, etc. That's probably true. If you can afford something better, buy something better. If you cannot afford it then go with that you can. My first press was a $200 Clunker from eBay. It was bulky and it squeaked and I would have been just about embarrassed for anyone to see me in public with it. The truth is 3 years later it's still working. I let my mom have it and it's still going.

Find a decent one with a company that you will be able to get a hold of in 6 months if something does go wrong, get it and start printing. Run the thing in the ground, and then get a better one. Also don't worry about going "light" on stock to start, if it means being able to get a decent press. You can never please everyone with what you have in stock. Get a few colors and sizes and if you get special request don't be afraid to say you need to order it. It would be terrible to have a crap load of stock sitting there with nothing to press it with.

· Registered
503 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.