T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 or 3 years ago phillips invented a process whereby LED's are woven into the material. its called "Lumalive" and apparently one can change the color and design of the shirt without taking it off your back--well, maybe briefly off. you could change the color to harmonize with your mood. i imagine the cost would be high, at least in the early stages. perhaps it heralds the time when on a flight, before take off, the pilot will announce "please turn your shirts off now".
well, 2 years down the track has anyone ever used it? is/was the price prohibitive? did it die a natural? will it spell the end of screenprinting like lighters did to matches? anyone?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't believe the product is currently commercially available. Also, I was in Vegas a few years back and saw a minivan sporting LED advertising on the door panel. Although I don't recall the name of the company it does give you an idea that they are moving forward and being progressive with the technology.

On an unrelated side note the lighter was invented well before the match.

nathan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get a bit overwhelmed trying to navigate this forum. i've now seen several posts dealing with this innovation dated 2006 whilst trying to find my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts