T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a newbie, and I’ve designed the artwork for my clothing brand. However, I am also opening my shop up to commercial work (printing shirts for others…not just my brand). I’m a decent “graphic artist” (meaning I can conceptualize designs but I can barely draw stick figures), so I’m gonna need a good library of images to pull from for customers. I get a lot of solicitation stuff from Vector Lab, but would like some advice from the grizzled vets here 😁. Can you guys give me some guidance?

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
i downloaded vector lab's free sampler and was not impressed

one option is to buy singular designs as a special order comes in (for a catalog, just use thumbnails from the site and buy as needed)
that way you build your own library that actually has marketability

there used to be bundles that were pretty pricey and contained many/many vectors
but most were never used, or outdated designs, or were so copious that customers could not make a decision

i would recommend picking up affinity, or another stand-alone designer program (like xara's photo & graphic designer), and just sit down in the evening and read/watch some tutorials and follow along
you will be shocked at how quickly you can become decent with your art-foundation already there

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
90% of our customers supply artwork. Otherwise they give us a concept and we run with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m a newbie, and I’ve designed the artwork for my clothing brand. However, I am also opening snaptube vidmate my shop up to commercial work (printing shirts for others…not just my brand). I’m a decent “graphic artist” (meaning I can conceptualize designs but I can barely draw stick figures), so I’m gonna need a good library of images to pull from for customers. I get a lot of solicitation stuff from Vector Lab, but would like some advice from the grizzled vets here 😁. Can you guys give me some guidance?
try deviantart a lot of inspiration you can find here

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's a lot of art out there. I bought a few packages way back, then, as someone else mentioned, didn't use 99% of it. Now days, you can find a lot on Etsy, and the prices are pretty cheap.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts