T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I have been doing research about heat press printing and equipments in this forum for a while now, when I try to search for transfer papers I found heaps of good comments on JPSS, IRONALL for Darks and etc., which really makes me wondering wether this forum is a commercial forum that advertise for these brands? Are these paper really good? :confused:

· Registered
8,807 Posts
it is not so much that we prefer the ones you list...just that they often give forum members a discount. I can say that in all my time here I have not felt that anyone is pressuring one way or another..Rodney and the moderators are very careful to block overt self promotion. Most of use make references to products that we used and liked..Not all member have the same results as others...it depends on the paper/press and following procedures for that particular paper press

I have always been one to suggest that we buy only from a known press manufacturer of 3 or 4 makes. But I recently has a slight change of opinion and posted the results.. my known brand press was not working on a Friday...need a press to do a $300 job by Tues..and there are no press dealers in my area... I called a company in Carson City CA..selling a chinese press 15x15 all digital at a very low price w/ 3 yr warranty. They were agreeable to meet me at their shop on Sat. I picked the press...it has worked flawlessly. Now I have to say....no all chinese presses are bad...just some..so we all learn and as we acquire more knowledge I think most of us will let the forum know.

Another example is Badalou...well know in the forum for his support of Epson Pigmented ink...yet just recently he posted a note about some HP printers now have pigmented ink that seems to work...again an example of new information... new knowledge he gained and shared..

I think you can get my thoughts from those two examples

· Registered
594 Posts
I second Charles

What you will find here is good biased opinions.

WHY biased... because the reality is we all tend to be biased by what we use or have had problems with, not biased because of a commercial interest (although there are some of those too, but they are also usually careful to point out that they may be biased or are connected to the item in some way)

· Registered
164 Posts
Well you`ll not find a better informative sit like this on the net and thats for sure.
If people dont like an item, they will not just say so, but will elast why.
So for me personaly, posting a post subject like
are this forums opnions fair?
well like you say you have been readin a lot ect, well then you would know the answer, and that is a YES.

· Registered
2,279 Posts
The information you can gain here if you chose to use it can save you thousands and make you thousands more. Sometimes you may not like what you hear, sometimes it may sound like an opinion is biased, but if someone has been there, done that... why not listen to them?

· Registered
3,838 Posts
When I started out, I bought sample packs of all the papers out there (for inkjet), and tested them. Most of my findings matched what was/is being said around here. If you dig deep enough, you will find many complaints of the same heralded papers, but I think their pros out weigh their cons.

· Premium Member
11,130 Posts
I think the reason you see the same few names like that is bc there are a few papers that really rise to the top. After many user experiences, you'll find those same names because most people have success with them, again and again. There are also more than one supplier, a few in fact, for each of the products you mentioned, so being a *commercial* wouldn't really benefit any one single supplier. I say price shop your product as price does vary from supplier to supplier.

My own experience has been that people on this forum post for the benefit of their fellow forum members, not the benefit of suppliers. Some folks do benefit by being members of the forum, but they also offer help to members. The best way to know if products truly are what they are reported to be by forum members is to buy a sample pack transfer papers, the variety kind. Press some shirts, wash and dry them. You may find yourself with the same opinion of those who have also done that and posted the results you are reading.

I could see it being hard to understand why it's a few great papers mentioned again and again, but when you know that that information is the truth, like I do (from using various papers), it's a comfort to know there is a place like this that shoots it straight and the helpful info is posted.

When in doubt about what you can trust, just order a sample pack. You'll find a great paper to use, as well as learn if you can have faith in the forums content. :)

· Registered
77 Posts
hi i've been spending lots of time reading and taking advice from this forum. everyone has a preferred vendor /person/animal/toy etc. i like to learn from other people's mistake(less costly to me) i think this forum is fair honest and well intentioned. i make the decisions but i get advice first and this forum has saved me money on several occasions .thanks to the response from so many different mems. from all over my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.