T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one shirt I got printed at a local shop, I got about 30 of them and they all looked the same, there are white lines outlining some places and it looks like they didn't take the time to line the colors up to print over the white underbase because some sides are off and the black ink has a lot of white dots that shows the underbase through it and it makes it kind of look like sandpaper, this ink feels almost like it's sticky to the touch but it isn't really sticky, other shirts I own the ink feels much more smooth and well printed. Also there was alot of extra "noise" particles on top of all the print jobs but most of it has come off after about 4 or 5 washes. I have pictures attached so some professional input would be well appreciated!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/jpskater182x/DSCN6144.jpg

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That looks terrible. What did the printer say when you picked up your order? Did they show you examples of their work before you ordered? If they did, and it was much better than that, you have some ammo to try and get a refund or a have them do it over at their expense. I can't believe anyone would let product like that out of their shop. Don't let anyone tell you that is acceptable printing.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
That print is not acceptable by my standards (i'd rather pay for a skilled printer then find the cheapest). They printed the ink very heavily and did a poor job with registration. it's possible the underbasde wasn't even chocked.

It's common to print black without an underbase to reduce ink deposit on the shirt (allowing it to breath) and avoid that 'sandpaper' look. Did you request them to have an underbase under your black?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the prints they had hanging up did not look like the ones i got, they told me i had to use an underbase for it all but i wasn't too happy with it but I haven't found many print shops around my area. I thought it didn't look right, I'm going to go back and talk to him but I'm probably not going to use their shop anymore, anybody have any good recommended shops in the boston area? I'm kind of new to all the inks they use but thats all they had and they didn't even have many colors to choose from and i had to kind of pick from what they had, but they said they gave it two layers of white for an underbase and then put everything on top, it did look very heavy compared to prints I've seen on shirts. if you can see on the magenta color on the bottom there is a white outline on one side of all the lettering because they must not have made sure it lined up correctly because the white base shows and it looks like they didn't even give any effort into making sure it looked good, they also told me they could print areas that were 14" by 16" and when i got the shirts i measured them and they were only about 12" by 9" so they bluntly lied to me about the sizing, I want to find a shop that does good quality prints and preferably a shop that can do large prints like full frontals.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Post in the Referrals & Recommendations section of the forum asking for printers in your area that can do jumbo prints if you want to cover just about all of the torso.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah the prints they had hanging up did not look like the ones i got, they told me i had to use an underbase for it all but i wasn't too happy with it but I haven't found many print shops around my area. I thought it didn't look right, I'm going to go back and talk to him but I'm probably not going to use their shop anymore, anybody have any good recommended shops in the boston area? I'm kind of new to all the inks they use but thats all they had and they didn't even have many colors to choose from and i had to kind of pick from what they had, but they said they gave it two layers of white for an underbase and then put everything on top, it did look very heavy compared to prints I've seen on shirts. if you can see on the magenta color on the bottom there is a white outline on one side of all the lettering because they must not have made sure it lined up correctly because the white base shows and it looks like they didn't even give any effort into making sure it looked good, they also told me they could print areas that were 14" by 16" and when i got the shirts i measured them and they were only about 12" by 9" so they bluntly lied to me about the sizing, I want to find a shop that does good quality prints and preferably a shop that can do large prints like full frontals.
palomar printing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.