T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several designs lined up for a screen printer, and I was wondering if I need to tweak them. It has 4 colors, and some of the colored sections are kind of small/narrow. It is done as one flat picture in vector format.

Would this or anything else cause potential problems with screen printing?

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,650 Posts
It doesn't sound like it would cause problems. The printer may just have to adjust their screen resolution to pick up smaller lines.

Before you go too far in tweaking your work, why don't you ask the printer his thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'll try to get an image up sometime. I haven't solidified the screen printer yet so I wanted to know some general do's and don'ts of screen print designing.

Are there any other things I should worry about when making new designs?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Read about halftones too. This will help know that if there are any fades or gradients of shading in your work how to best translate it.

finer the work, the finer the mesh needed to print all the detail. My artists have some really fine detailed work, and it can be a whole barrell of monkeys fun on the screen burning side getting it just right. I have heard of other screenprinters getting lazy with this part of the process, and not following through with the detail side.. but most are good. Picture would be good of course to better identify your specific need. Maybe email a few screen shops this too when shopping around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts