T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are reg. marks really necessary to put on art work?

i have been interning for this shop in riverside california and the guy that runs the shop doesnt use reg marks. all of his work comes out perfect. so do i need them on art work or no?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been having problems with my registration. Since I do not have a printer hooked up to my computer that has illustrator, I have been saving my files as pdfs to print them on a different computer. What I have been doing is editing the live color in my image so that i target the one im going to print and make it black, while making all the others white. (For example with an image with red,yellow and black, if i wanted to print the transparency for the black screen i would edit the livepaint colors so that the red and yellow are changed to white and i am left with only the black color). I then save each color as a pdf and print them on a different computer. However once I try to line up my work before printing, the artwork is off by fractions of a centimeter and I am left with lots of white space in my art, making it look less than perfect. I am doing very complicated prints and I am wondering if my registration problem is because I am saving my files as pdfs instead of printing them straight from illustrator.
Any advice?
thanks!

what u should do is save it in ai form and take it to a shop that can print it for u they can charge u per page but its easier than what u are doing now.. make sure you separate your color or see if they can do it for you. hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.