T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have samples of transfers that are soft (slippery) when you touch it. It is the one where the logo is on top of the shirt it doesn't really sink into the shirt like screen printing. It is not like the ultrasoft from Transfer Express it is more like their Cad-Printz express prints digital transfer but much more smoother. I washed it it does not crack I like the feel and look. But I am not sure what people out there like since I am just getting into the game. I do have a Ralph Lauren Polo bear shirt where the image is the exact same feel. So I know high end brands use this style. But for a startup I don't know how people feel about it. I am able to get these made for a great price. What are your experiences with different transfers? Do people prefer one over the other?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Okay thanks I thought people would automatically think it would peel because of the way it feels and not want to buy it. Thanks
That is certainly possible if that has been their previous experience with similar looking materials. Myself, I think shiny transfers look cheap and would mistrust them more, discounting anything I might actually know about the process used. As they say, YMMV. Only way to know is to try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PET is another name for DTF (Direct To Film) which uses an inkjet printer and pigment ink. Kinda like a DTG only you're not printing directly to the garment. Here is our forum on DTF: Direct To Film (DTF) Printing

I have some samples from a supplier but have not tried them yet.
I was also just told they use water based and plastisol. Which is better? I am seeing some people say water based is better. I will be using it on a lot of dark colored shirts 100% cotton. And some 80/20 cotton/poly hoodies.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I do have a Ralph Lauren Polo bear shirt where the image is the exact same feel.
Many big brands use printed plotter cut vinyl for some of their shirts, often just the brand name.
You can tell it is plotter cut vinyl because of the really sharp edges.
Many also use a tiny bit of embroidery on the left chest area.
What these brands are selling is the brand name itself.

They say they use PET film
Most transfer films are PET based. Coca Cola bottles are also PET plastic.
That doesn't mean much, and not all PET films are the same.

I was also just told they use water based and plastisol. Which is better? I am seeing some people say water based is better.
Water based, oil/solvent based, laser toner, UV ink... it doesn't matter.
The same apply for the white backing.
There is no good or bad... They all work.

But I am not sure what people out there like since I am just getting into the game.
So I know high end brands use this style. But for a startup I don't know how people feel about it.
What are your experiences with different transfers? Do people prefer one over the other?
Use common sense...
Which one you think is easier to sell for $12?
This soft printed shirt, or the same image printed on a piece of vinyl and pressed on a white t-shirt.
Joint Outerwear Plant Hairstyle Shoulder

Some people may prefer to buy this for $70... but most people will not.
Hair Joint Outerwear Shoulder Hairstyle

These are real world examples and you can buy these at the stated prices right now.

Another real world example is this transfer printed shirt (like the ones you are talking about).
Outerwear Shoulder Azure Neck Textile

These are sold for $12 including shipping from China. Not many European or US customers buy them, because we have better options for the same price.
Competing with this Chinese example is also possible. I can produce better shirts than this for $2 and I can ship them worldwide for just $3.
Selling at $12 will leave a $7 profit for me. The problem is I don't like selling retail, and I don't like selling shirts one by one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.