T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been sitting around for the last couple of weeks trying to absorb as much information as I can, hoping to place my self at a good starting point once the sample packs I just ordered come in. Yet, as I type this- I still wonder(an it's the question that's probably been asked the most on this sub-forum), which really is the best transfer paper for lights or darks? I hear JPSS for lights and 3G Jet Opaque for darks the most. I will try these out, since they are included in the sample packs. Pressing, stretching, washing, and so on.

BUT, what if we were to throw in that pricing per sheet isn't a factor since you'd be getting the better brand, or you'd be willing to make a little less profit because your not getting that average brand- Would you still pick these out first? Or at the end...the truth- that no one brand really outlasts others over so many washes, and since many brands end up cracking, its not worth the extra $ or effort?

An for the other brands, I see Alpha, Red Grid, Everlast, and even FOREVER transfer papers come up too. FOREVER brand seems to catch my attention because of the fancy backing and good reviews. But the higher pricing makes me think it's just like any other heat transfer paper, just more expensive to ship to the states? Or is it really a better transfer paper?

· Registered
9,603 Posts
JPSS for lights
3G for colored/dark cotton
Jet Opaque II for colored/dark poly-cotton shirts

They're about the best but you can try Iron All for dark which is said not to crack.

I've used forever and they're OK. But they're Germany and I am sure that shipping cost to the US is added to the price. I don't think that would be much though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.