T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a epson 7510 and I also bought cobra refillable cartridges with pigment ink, but does the epson come with pigment ink that I can use for transfers? And if so, can I use the stock inks and then switch to the refillable cartridges after they run out and not have to clean it?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The 7010 was pigment, & the 7510 is the replacement to the 7010 so I would imagine the inks would be the same. I did a check on all printers that use pigment for my own issue & it stated that any printer not on the list doesn't have pigment ink. It did state all workforce printers have it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I can print with the stocks and then insert the refillable cobra cartridges and print without having to clean it
Yes you can even if they were different inks because that Epson head holds so little ink. A quick nozzle clean should be enough to flush the old residual ink out. People actually switch back and forth between pigments and sublimation. You might want to consider saving your stock inks incase you encounter a problem with your refillables.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can even if they were different inks because that Epson head holds so little ink. A quick nozzle clean should be enough to flush the old residual ink out. People actually switch back and forth between pigments and sublimation. You might want to consider saving your stock inks incase you encounter a problem with your refillables.

Okay thanks for the response! If I save them how long do you think they will last unused?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.