T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to create a line for young women and I really want to have the perfect shirt that fits well but is also durable and won't just shrink after the first wash. This is why I really wanted to go with 50/50 cotton/poly blend, but I haven't been able to find any to my liking, and believe me I've Looked EVERYWHERE! So I'm considering getting 50/50 custom shirts done by Alternative Apparel or article1.net perhaps. However, I also know that most printing methods work best on 100%, except dye sub, and I've especially heard about DTG( which is what I'd want to use) has troubles with 50/50. So my question is, should I chance getting my perfect shirt through custom order and risk my design not looking its best because of the blend??????

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
should I chance getting my perfect shirt through custom order and risk my design not looking its best because of the blend??????
If your printing method doesn't match your blanks, then it doesn't sound like a good risk. Why have blanks you can't print on the way you want to?

That being said, you can screen print on 50/50 blanks just fine. If you're ordering enough blanks to have them custom made, then you are probably doing a high enough quantity per design to just go ahead and get your designs screen printed. Why are you set on DTG?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in the beginning I definitely wasn't planning on ordering such a large quantity of shirts so I thought DTG with no minimums and no set up fee would be best since I didn't have to get like 50 printed at a time. Also, I like the idea that DTG doesn't have much hand and that cracking and such are not huge problems since it's printed directly on the garment.

Are there any special additives that help screen printing on 50/50s (such as chino) for less hand or to prevent cracking?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Are there any special additives that help screen printing on 50/50s (such as chino) for less hand or to prevent cracking?
Yes - chino for example :) Or waterbased inks with a polyester additive. Unfortunately 50/50 rules out discharge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts