T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new here but have been reading the forum for over a year in prep for starting my own t-shirt printing business, and love it!

I'm going for the Oki Pro8432WT printer but I'm unsure which heat press to buy.

I've been told to stay clear of the Clam type presses as they are not good for Toner based transfers, but I wasn't given any explanation as to why. Is this the case, and can anyone tell me why?

I was looking at the HOTRONIX AUTO OPEN CLAM HEAT PRESS as it's in my price range and I like the idea of the auto-open feature, but if it's at all true that Clam type presses aren't good for toner based transfers then I'd better start looking elsewhere.

Any advice/opinions appreciated, thanks :)

· Registered
102 Posts
Providing the clam-style heat press is engineered correctly (i.e. with even pressure when the upper and lower platens meet), ideally with a pressure adjustment over the centre of the upper platen, there's no real difference from a swing-away press - The major difference is that a swing-away press allows you to position the heat transfer with less risk of burning yourself on the upper platen, but it does require much more room to allow the upper parts to swing outwards.

Based on this, you should be absolutely fine with a Hotronix Auto-Open press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.