T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Matt from Westix Equipment and Supply about how a lot of my aluminum frames are warped and don't lay flat. He told me how to fix them and I thought I'd share it here:

1. Take your warped screen and lay it down on the glass of your exposure unit or a table that is truly flat, noticing which corners (two opposite corners) stick up a little bit and allow it to the wobble on a flat surface.
  2. Hold the screen by the corners selected in the above step and lean it against a table or the wall or something sturdy, putting one of the good corners against the ground and the other opposite good corner against the wall or the table or what-have-you, at an angle.
  3. Press the warped corners. I tried pressing hard, but actually what seemed to work was little shoves of good force. Do a shove, lay it on the exposure unit, does it lay flat? If it didn't lay flat, I did another shove of the warped corners, until it did lay flat.
What do you guys think? I tried it on the screens I had to use for recent jobs and it worked well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.