T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here in that I haven't posted much yet, but I feel like I already know all of you by reading your posts so much! :D
Anyway, I'm starting a biz making specialty t-shirts and want to be able to sell to large groups, like schools and youth groups, etc. I'm wondering how to approach these groups and what is the best strategy for convincing them that their members should have my shirts, or at the very least that they should give them some ad from me so they can decide to buy? Do you set up a meeting or presentation or what? Any ideas? Thanks guys, and thanks for this community - you're all awesome!:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not traditional when it comes to face to face sales. Meaning that I don't follow the 'Hello my name is...' approach. Too stale.

In this competitive market you have to be unique and captivating. Get people attention. Now, getting a prospective customer's attention is fairly easy. Keeping their attention and sparking interest is where the magic comes in to play.

My suggestion, write down and practice what you are going to say. Practice your 'performance' but let it reveal the real you.

(If the real you is drab and boring and could put a hybernating bear into a coma, then you may want to think about re-creating yourself)

Once you make contact, don't press on making the sale right away. Focus on creating a relationship and make the goal to 'leave the door open' so that you can make a follow-up with the prospective customer.

Oh, and by the way, dont forget to showcase samples of your work.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Angela. First thing you need to do is assess if your intended customers are currently in the market for t-shirts. You don't want to be wasting your time, or theirs, unless they have the funds and necessity to purchase. Many groups have annual budgets and limited finances, so timing in approaching them, is far more critical than with other markets. If their budget is empty, or they have recently purchased their requirements, you won't be doing much trade with them.

Finding your customers is all about making contact and letting them know you exist. Having found your potential customers, you then need to devise a strategy for getting them to move over to a new supplier. If they are happy with their current supplier, your task will be far more difficult. If there have been issues with their current supplier however, that is your window of opportunity.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Make sure you spend some time finding out who the actual decision maker is. It doesn't do any good to convince the rest of the group if you haven't convinced the person who will sign the check. You need to be able to read the group so you can figure out not only who makes the decisions but who influences the person who makes the decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts